Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PS2 - Component Video not working with X1 Projector

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by mtndewdewd, Jul 17, 2004.

1. mtndewdewd

mtndewdewd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get my PS2 to work with my X1 Infocus projector using S-Video but not Component Video. I hooked the PS2 up with the S-Video and set the Component Video Out settings in the PS2 - but when connecting with the Component Cables the Projector does not receive any input signal and will not display anything. I brought a friends PS2 over that works in normal TV with Component Video and his does not work with my projector either.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

MtnDewDewd :confused:

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    "I hooked the PS2 up with the S-Video and set the Component Video Out settings in the PS2"

Sorry to sound patronising, but
    are you definitely using a special component video cable and not the supplied composite? It will have a red, green and blue RCA cable. Your friends ps2 will not work in component on a normal tv because most normal tv's do not have component.
    Azzo

3. mtndewdewd

mtndewdewd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - I purtchased the Component connector for the PS2. My friends tv has component video inputs. I hooked my cable into his and my PS and tried them both in his any my tv. They both work on his TV and neither work on my projector.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the component inputs on the projector. I wonder if the PS2 is not putting out enough signal to run the projector?

Don't Know - I just know it is not working and I would like to know if anyone has been able to get a PS2 running under component cables to an Infocus X1.

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Just to check, did you go into the PS2 video menu and tell it to output a component signal?

Cap :)

5. mtndewdewd

mtndewdewd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did.

6. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Are you using the sp-video-adpt lead ,it is a component to svhs lead by infocus ,at the svhs end it has 7 pins instead of the usual 4 pins. The three extra pins carry the component signal

7. mtndewdewd

mtndewdewd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I am. Video works fine from the component cables connected to Cable/DVD.

8. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I wonder if you may need a proper rgb to component converter like the one from www.lektropacks.co.uk , or there is a one from some company called keene electonics, or something like that. I read a review of the keene rgb to component converter and that said it was very good. How does your cable tv work ,has it got component output on it ,the reason I am asking is I am waiting for my sp-video-adpt lead to arive ,mostly for dvd's, but also for the newcastle football matches on cable, I was hoping to be able to buy just a rgb to component lead.

9. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Its even stranger that you cant get any help . I am playing driver3 on my ps2 but only through a svhs lead. I would love to see it with a component feed. there must be more ps2 owners using an x1. Come on we need your help :confused: :lease:

10. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry I've not answered your mail yet, been away from the computer for a while.
    I'll mail you tomorrow, I,m off to bed.

11. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hey radio daze ,you up yet. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was just wondering if when you tell the PS2 to output a component signal if it sends out a component progresive scan signal. and the x1 does not take pro scan signals thru its svhs port.

13. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As far as i know it only accepts pro scan thru the VGA connection . you might be able to swich pro scan on the ps2 to on , but i think it only works with some games . The lead you need is the sp-video-adpt, it sends an interlaced component feed thru the s video port ,which is then changed to pro scan by the projector. hope this helps. My lead will arive in the next few days . I will let you know how i get on

14. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    PS-2 works fine with component, most PAL games are not progressive scan. Is your PS-2 modded? A number of mod chips screw the component output.

Neil.

15. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Neil. Thanks for your imput. Good point about the mod chips, thats why I only chiped my sons ps-2 (not daft ehe) :rolleyes: I think the confusion was over the inputs on the X1 projector. The vga input only accepts progresive scan. (I think) and the svhs port accepts interlaced signals. I am still waiting for my ps-2 component lead to arive. When it does I will let you know the answer.

16. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi. Got my component lead for the ps-2 the other day and it works great with the x1 projector. you need to buy the sp-video-adpt lead. games now look loads better even on a 70inch 16.9 screen.

17. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry it's been so long since I contacted you, been a bit busy, but mainly idle !.
    Looks like you finally got hold of the sp-video-adpt,I wonder how you find it with DVD?.
    Did you get it from www.bhphotovideo.com in the end, if so how long did it take to arrive?.
    I think the main reason they want you to mail a scan of your credit card is to prove that you actually own it, I was a bit concerned at first about it, but when you think about it there is no extra information that can be gained by it.
    I mean the only thing remaining is the info on the magnetic strip, and the chip.
    By the way I was wondering what type of screen are you using?, I see you have a 70" one. I'm using a 60" Da-lite Model B, I don't think it's too bad, but I have never been able to compare it to anything else.
    So happy viewing with the new adaptor.

18. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got the lead from www.bhphotovideo.com. it took 3 to 4 weeks to arive but was worth the wait . at first I used the s-video lead from the dvd and projected it on a matt white MDF board with big black borders leaving a 70inch 16.9 screen . I thought the picture looked great. Since then I have painted the board with icestorm 6 and added component leads thru the sp-video-adpt. When I watched Finding Nemo the quality blew me away. I was checking some plasmas tv's out the other day, some 3 grand 42inch sets were showing Finding Nemo. and they were no where near the quality of the X1. And to think that a 70inch plasma would cost 15 grand. :thumbsup: and suffer screenburn :laugh: