PS2 component cable

simch

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just got a PS2 component cable from gameessentials and tried it on my infocus 5700 projector. I cannot get it to work!? Problem is, I have not run anything through the pj on component yet, its new and I am awaiting my denon 1920 dvd which is out of stock.

But I am presuming the pj is ok, lead is brand new, may well be duff.......? Or is it a settin on the ps2 that I need to change?

Old PS2 multi lead with composite and audio out works fine thru the pj. But PS2 will run through a 3805 with video switching once installed in the new room, and can imput to the denon av box either in s video or component? Would I be better wiht an s video lead?

Could my PS2 be non component compatible, it is quite old, i would guess its a yr 2000 model or so? There are far more terminals on the component lead i got than the old composite lead.

So any ideas anyone??

got it working now, the component out was set to rgb! d'oh!

simch said:
got it working now, the component out was set to rgb! d'oh!

Where did you change the component out as I have just bought an IXOS conponent cable and it does not work plugged straight into my tv, I change the source on the TV to component and just get nothing, any ideas?

dont worry, found out where to change it! Never knew you could!

I've got one of the Ixos cables en route to me, so I presume I'm gonna hit the same problem.. where did you change it?

Just go into the system config and you will find the option for it in there.

Change it while you still have the scart connected. Then swap the leads and you're away.

Do the IXOS component cables give better picture quality than the official Sony component cables or do yuo just pay more for the better 'build' quality of the IXOS?

I had banding problems with the Ixos cable when running in progressive, stick with the official cable.

gizlaroc said:
I had banding problems with the Ixos cable when running in progressive, stick with the official cable.

What is banding?? :lesson:

When in progressive mode I could see slight vertical lines in the image.

Where do you get the Playstation cable from, Currys or Dixons.?? I would like to try it and compare with my IXOS one, at least then I could take it back?!! :)

I got mine from HMV.

If you don't have any problems with the IXOS cable I would stick with it.

So, how's the quality on the £6.99 cable, guys?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom