1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Component cable - does not work!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by micol, Oct 29, 2004.

1. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just recieved my top-of-the-range Ixos XPP04 PS2 to Component cable and plugged it from my PS2 to my Component input on my Hitachi 42PD5200, but get no picture!!

I'm pretty sure I have done nothing wrong. I have checked the settings on my plasma and all seem fine. To add insult to injury, I plugged my cheapo crappy component lead I bought earlier and that worked fine!

Anyone elso had any similar problems or am I missing something??

2. Gillykid

Gillykid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Have you setup the picture from RGB to Yr-thingy in the PS2 setup? If not put your regular Composite cable back in, go into system setup (boot without a CD) and change the settings. Shut down, replace the cable and you should be good to go! :cool:

G

3. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, Done all that. I'm beginning to think it may be a faulty lead as my old cheapo component lead works fine.

4. Kippers

Kippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem getting my Ixos component cable working on my ps2 aswell, dont have a cheapo one to try though - might be worth me getting one!

5. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think there could be a bad batch of IXOS XPP04 cables doing the rounds. I'm still waiting for my replacement after I sent mine back! I'd suggest you do the same Kippers.

6. Kippers

Kippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IT WORKS!! I've managed to get a PS2 game on my plasma via Ixos component cable, but not with my PS2!!
    I have an original version 3 and it doesnt work, yet my friends new silver version does!!??
    Must be some incompatibility issues with the original ps2's?
    Do you have an original or early version?? If you can borrow someone else's new silver or slimline and try it you might find the same result as me!
    I'm pleased I got a picture now, looks noticeably less jagged but now I have to buy a new ps2!! DOH!!!
    :rotfl: :suicide:

7. nemo

nemo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    There was a thread on this forum not long ago about PS2 and component incompatibility. Someone said that the model number of the PS2 had to begin with 5000xx.

Personally I've got a newer PS2 and component works fine on mine.

8. McPastry

McPastry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a US launch PS2, and both the official Sony and IXOS cables work great with it. Although I've found that with PS2 better picture = more jaggies!!!