PS2 - Cheaper on the Net?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Mike Bell, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just wondering whether buying PS2's is cheaper on the web than on the high street.

If anyone could let me know of the cheapest deals they've found on the street or the web, that would be sound.

Cheers

Mike

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I bought mine on the net too. Buying things seperately on the internet works out better than any package deal.

The cheapest I found was www.dabs.com where I payed about £193 four months ago.

www.softwarefirst.com

and

www.mx2.com

are also quite competitive when it comes to accessories.

www.play.com are best for software by a long way.

Hope this helps,

Lex.

3. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

Just downloaded a trailer for Colin Mcrae 3 from softwarefirst.com. It looks absolutely amazing.

I've used play.com for a while now and thought they may be hard to beat. Thanks for confirming so!

Saw Medal of Honor - Fighter Command is on pre order. Is it going to be an air combat version of Frontline? Could be a winner if it is. Any news on that gratefully received.

Finally is it worth buying GT Concept if u already own GT3? Fewer tracks, inc no new ones, but some "interesting" motors and a low asking price. Trciky, but I'll probably get it anyway!

Cheers

Mike

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would buy GT Concepts since the new cars are pretty sweet. Plus the low price won't hurt anyone, after all it is an add-on/spin off of sorts to the main game.

GT4 is a looooooong way away though (late 2003) but with the promise of network gaming, things could get interesting...

5. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    There is a rumour that the ps2 is due for a price drop as in the usa, does anyone have any news on that.
    cheers Dave.