PS2 Cables

azzo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone know of a PS2 cable which outputs BOTH S-Video and component Video. You see I want to output S-Video to my telly and (not at the same time) want to output component to a projector. I don't want to keep swaping cables at the back of my PS2 each time I change displays.

There isn't a single cable that'll do the job, but you can do it with two.

There's an official Sony adaptor you can get that plugs into the AV multi-out. The adaptor's got an S-video out (mini-din) socket, composite video (phono) out socket, L/R audio out (phono) sockets and terminates in another PS2 AV multi-out socket. You could then plug your PS2 component cable into the end of the adaptor and away you go!

I've had a look on the adaptor but there's no model number on it. It's an official Sony one, came in a transparent plastic blister pack with a green card insert, cost about £20 and I bought mine from an Electronic Boutique so they should be freely available.

Hope this helps,
John

Thats very useful to know. Thank you very much.
Now for my next problem, do you know of a component switch which will allow me two switch 2 component feeds into 1 component output. i.e. PS2 + DVD (Both component) into projector?

Originally posted by azzo
Now for my next problem, do you know of a component switch which will allow me two switch 2 component feeds into 1 component output. i.e. PS2 + DVD (Both component) into projector?

Try a Denon AVR-3802 !!! :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom