PS2 Cable

RichB14

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice easy Q
The cable that is supplied with the standard uk model is it composite ?
If so does getting a proper scart cable worthy, also can the PS2 output rgb scart ?

Hi,

The PS2 can output an RGB signal.

I spent 15 quid on a Blaze RGB lead for my ps2 and the quality is amazing, the lead that comes with the PS2 is a composite lead which connects to a SCART plug but the quality is noway as good.

Go for an upgrade and get an RGB one!!

Dal :eek:

you won`t be able to play dvd`s with an rgb scart. you will get a green screen. buy a datel x disc for ps2 and you will get rgb even on dvd and make your ps2 multiregion.

Don't need it for dvd playback any more as i've just bought a sony and a pioneer, but thanks anyway.
Dal where can I get one of those cable's ?

and dont forget to switch the rgb signal on from the ps2 menu either otherwise its all in vain lol.:D

Hi,

Just to add onto my first post, the BLAZE lead has a switch which takes out the Green tint when playing DVD's so eveyones a winner!!!

I got mine in my local Macros (Rayleigh, Essex) but i have seen them in the big HMV stores, remember to get the RGB one as they do a slighly cheaper model which at a glance looks the same but isnt!!!

Cheers

Dal

One last thing is rgb scart video only or does it still send audio as well ? Need to know as i don't have a reciever yet

the one i have carries audio as well, but it`s not the blaze one you are looking at

Hi,

It sends audio aswell through the TV.

You also get some Phono leads from the lead which you can connect to your Amp for sound if you wish.

Its a great lead for the price!!

Yep, thats the bunny!!

Enjoy!!!

Dal

Just walk into an HMV/Woolworths/Game shop. They'll have loads of RGB PS2 scarts, probably cheaper than the Blaze one too.

If you're not going to be watching DVDs I don't think the extra expense of the Blaze cable is worth it (it switches to a composite signal when you play a DVD. Quite clever though)

Hi,

Its def worth paying the extra for a decent RGB lead, there is no point having a decent TV if your cables are crap!!!

just been playing vice city on my FX66 and its supurb!! The borg you still getting one???

Dal :D

Dal,
Should be getting my fx66 this morning so need to get one of them blaze cable's today as the other half is out tonight so i have totall play time to myself. Do you remember where you got your cable from ?

Bah
Just been calling all the Game stores in my area and they don't stock this cable anymore as they reckon too many people bring it back with problems, when i asked what problems they said they didn't know, what a bunch they are.

Well just Ordered the Rgb Gamers cable instead of the ultimate as the only difference is the ultimate does better dvd and i won't be using it for that anyway.
Happy Gaming

Hi,

Hows that new TV and did you managed to get a decent cable for the PS2???

I have not had any problems with mine, and i reckon i have had it well over a year now!!!

Im really pleased with the quality the FX66 and the PS2 put out!!

Dal :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom