PS2 B&W Picture on Sanyo PLV-Z2

R

richardjack

Anyone out there no why I would get a black and white picture on a Sanyo PLV-Z2 using PS-2.

Have tried PS-2 connected to projector in three ways:

1. via composite lead straight to projector

2. via S-video straight to projector

3. via AMP video input and out on composite lead.

TV / Video works fine in colour through composite lead and PS2 works in colour on TV.

Any ideas?

I have Z2 and PS2 works perfectly with composite and componant. So it does work. I havent done anything out of the ordinary to set it up

Isn't there settings within PS2 ie SVideo/Component etc??

Matt

I didnt set anything on my PS2 for componant.

Maybe thats default. But he gets it with compositewhich would be unaffected.

Richard

PS2->composite->Z2 = B&W
PS2->composite->TV = colour
what about
DVD/VCR->composite->Z2=???

I've tried changing all the PS2 settings to no avail

Also tired all options on the projector.

Maybe the PS2 conflicts with the projector ??

Can't you just get the PS2 Component Cords and use them on the projector or am I way off the wall here?

I've just ordered some!
but it's a pain due to location of PS2 and projector -
anyway, hopefully this will work.

Not certain whether the Z2 is the same way in connecting as the Sanyo PLV-30...But on the PLV-30 the composite input is shared with the component input (Green if memory serves me well). The projector has to be setup accordingly if you use composite...

Why you want to use composite on a projector is a mystery to me though ;-) But then again you already noted you have ordered component cables...

On Z2 componant and composite are not shared.

Malone the only setting is to choose between componant or RGB out. Shouldnt affect composite.

Richard Jack, If you get BW on Svid and composite odds are itll be BW with componant. Unless the svid and composite are on the same AV cable which could indicate the cable is faulty or has a bad connection

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom