1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and Widescreen T.V.'s

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Gerry, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Has anyone had any problems with the display from a PS2 on a widescreen t.v. The PS2 menu is off the screen to the left. This is the browser menu, the one that shows an image of a memory card(if one is connected) and a disc(if one is in the unit). I have the t.v set to 16.9 and the PS2 is also set to 16.9 in system configuration. This happens no matter what way I connect up, scart, s-video or the phono cables to the front of the t.v. Any ideas guys.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've plugged my PS2 into panny 32" and a Sony 10ht projector which is 16:9. I not experienced this problem

3. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I've got this problem as well with my Panasonic Tau. It's not a problem with games though as all have screen adjustment settings with work. However the screen adjustment settings in the browser menu don't work, uless I'm doing something wrong!

It's not a major problem but irritating none the less.

Stephen

4. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Since I posted this question I have come to discover this is a very common problem with the PS2. I agree Stephen its not a major problem but irritating none the less. I can adjust the horizontal settings on my tv to center the picture but I then have to remember to reajust the it back when watching tc chanels. The good thing is when playing DVD's the problem does not seem apparent. It really should be easy enough to adjust the PS2 to correct this. Some DVD players have a setting which allows you center you menu from the DVD player, a good idea.