1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and Sony TV. very wierd fault

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jerkyboy, Aug 11, 2003.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32" Sony KV-LS60U TV and have just bought a Playstation 2.

My TV has been working perfectly with my Xbox via an RGB Scart lead for the last 6 months. I have just got a brand new PS2 and I am getting some strange interference.

When playing game with lot of bright stuff on screen, a racing game for example where the sky is visable, I get flickering on screen and the track changes colour slightly.

I have tried another PS2, and tried different scart leads, but this makes no difference. The wierd thing is that when using the crappy composite leads that come with the machine there is no problem. Its only when using a RGB scart lead. Its also only on this TV that it does it, My Panasonic downstairs is perfect.

This has got to be the wierdest fault ever !!!!!.

Any suggestions before I phone John Lewis and tell them that my Sony TV is not combatible with my Sony Playstation.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    HOw old is the TV my parents old Panasonic 4:3 set doesn't like RGB signals they are rather offset and just very odd something to do with early RGB signals being used for something else.

3. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV is only about 6 months old.

The thing is, it works perfectly with my Xbox, and my Toshiba DVD player via RGB. Its only the PS2 thats a problem.