1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2-Amp-Plasma connection help needed please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by coolasacucumber, Apr 16, 2005.

1. coolasacucumber

coolasacucumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to connect a PS2 to Yamaha DSPAX750 amp then to a Pannasonic plasma screen.

There is a joint component/sound lead from the PS2 into the DTV input on the amp, then a component output to the plasma.

The sound works fine when the DTV option is selected, but there is no picture on the screen, it says no input signal in the top right.

I also have a DVD player connected via component, this works fine. I have tried the PS2 compenent lead in the DVD input, and it still doesnt work.

Is there something I am doing wrong? The PS2 lead is brand new, but could it be that at fault?

please help as its driving me crazy!

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Have you remembered to enable the component output from the PS2? Main menu option.

3. coolasacucumber

coolasacucumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nope, i didnt have a clue that was an option! sounds like its solved then, cheers piers...

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You would also get better sound quality from your PS2 if you ignore (don't use) the stereo output that's bundled with the component cable and instead use the optical out socket from the PS2. This will give you true 5.1 surround sound as opposed to standard stereo.

S.