PS1 games look better on SD CRT than HD LCD?

Playing through FFVII on the PS3 on my HD LCD TV (running in 1080p mode) thinking it won't look to bad, sadly it does - absolutely hideous.

Yet strangely, I walk upstairs and play FFVII on my PS2 (CRT) and it looks loads better :confused:

Noticably less jaggies.

I don't have a problem using the PS2 instead but all my saves are on the PS3 HDD and I don't know how to get them onto the PS2, I have a USB Stick could I use that to copy them across???

Also, any idea why it looks noticably better on the PS2 than PS3? Is it just the TV?

Chris.

Zeromajor

It's about 90% to do with the t.v. Try hooking your ps3 up to the same crt set and it'll look about the same as if you were running it from the ps2.

Ps1 emulation (just like ps2 emulation) on the ps3 varies from the original source.

There are settings within the ps3 menu (when you're playing the ps1 game) and also the ps2 menu to change the 'smoothness' of how the game looks.

Mickus

Probably setting your TV to 4:3 would make it look better. I doubt there were many (if any) PS1 games which supported 16:9.

Helicon

Banned
SD games will look better on an SD screen, regardless of how good any upscaling is. It's generally the same for SD TV broadcasts.

Thanks for all the responses, could I copy the save games from the PS3 on to the PS2 by using a USB Stick?

Also which one would you use to play PS1 games, a PS2 or PS3 or are they both the same??

Thanks, Chris.

Mickus

Thanks for all the responses, could I copy the save games from the PS3 on to the PS2 by using a USB Stick?

Also which one would you use to play PS1 games, a PS2 or PS3 or are they both the same??

Thanks, Chris.
A PS2/PS3 memory card adaptor might do the trick. Some only copy one way (PS2 to PS3) and will corrupt the data if you attempt to do it the other way (like the one I bought :mad:)

Don't play PS1 games now. But if I did, I would use a PS2 to a 4:3 CRT TV.