• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ps upscaler screen refreshes*

welsh_baleno

Standard Member
After browsing the ps store I decided I would relive some classics and get a ps2 game. I changed the ps upscaler from off to normal and the screen refreshed and then a message appeared asking if the new settings were ok. I'm assuming this is normal but why does it do this? Seems strange to me as it does affect the general display or resolution?

welsh_baleno

Standard Member
Correction doesn't or does it affect the display or resolution with the exception of ps2 games? When you set DVD upscaler to normal I don't believe the screen refreshes?

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Normal will basically display the DVD in the correct aspect ratio for that DVD, full screen does just that it will fill the screen getting rid of the bars but it does this by stretching the image, double again fills the screen but does so by zooming in a bit so you loose some of the image. it's best to leave it on normal imo.

welsh_baleno

Standard Member
Yes I understand that, but why does the screen refresh and confirm the display settings are ok when you click on yes for ps upscaler? if it only upscales ps2 games then why does it have to check the screen is displayed ok within xmb?

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom