Question Ps pro / monitor issues / hdcp 2.2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Hysteria, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Hysteria

Hysteria
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Hoping someone has experienced a similar issue or is well versed in hdcp. Essentially I bought a 4k monitor on black Friday from Dell - s2817q.

It has 2x hdmi 2.0 ports, however my ps pro says it's not hdcp 2.2 compliant, and only displays 1080p resolution.

I was wondering if there was perhaps a firmware you can add to monitors to change this? Never done anything like this before with a monitor. Or do I have to buy some kind of hdcp converter? If so, I heard these might not be full proof and playstation upgrades it's firmware in the future could stop the converter working.

I am pretty pissed off based on how much of a minefield things were when getting my 4k hdr tv, and clearly missed a trick when buying this monitor lol !

Sorry for the long post - any help you can give would be a massive help as I'm losing my mind right now as this wasn't cheap !!

2. Hysteria

Hysteria
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved now - the monitor came with hdmi 2.0 defaulted to disabled in the settings lol !! As I'm an amateur I didn't realise this was even a thing !

3. StrikerKirito

StrikerKirito
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for confirming this has HDCP 2.2. Found this display on clearance for under $200 and wanted to make sure it will support media playback from from 4K Player like the new Chromecast premium .

Have a regular PS4 and Nvidia 560Ti 448, so will probably get a new video card (thinking Gtx 1070) or alternative is PS4 Pro. Definitely going to get the Chromecast at one point for Netflix since don't have newest Intel CPU required for 4K on Netflix (unless something changed and only need new Nvidia 1070, but my understanding is it requires Kaby Lake for DirectPlay 3.0?). A little torn on to what to start with content wise.