Ps pro iplayer 4k ?

DevonMike

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a PS Pro and i understand that it now streams 4k on the iplayer,well on mine it doesnt,the uhd content is on there but no uhd option,the youtube app displays 4k and hdr no problem so im wondering if the iplayer has infact got 4k capability on the pro. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it,no change
Any help appreciated.

The Wales football match had a UHD option which is the first time I'd ever seen it. I expect it's just going to be an option for a few things like this, not all content.

I used the app. on my TV not a PS4 Pro but I doubt it's different.

No uhd on my iplayer app on my pro at all,no uhd banner,nothing. Very strange as the youtube app streams 4k perfectly on my pro.unfortunately the iplayer uhd footy content on my tv app is way to dark and my tv ,(kdxe7073 bravia) doesnt allow me to alter the picture settings when the app is launched

No uhd on my iplayer app on my pro at all,no uhd banner,nothing.

For what programme though? I can't see anything obvious that is available in UHD right now either but as I say the Wales game earlier was.

If you search for Blue Planet II you should be able to watch that in UHD - can you?

Here's a list of other UHD programmes available:

I can watch all uhd streams on the iplayer app via my tv but ive just been in touch with the bbc via live chat who have said the pro doesnt support uhd

I can watch all uhd streams on the iplayer app via my tv but ive just been in touch with the bbc via live chat who have said the pro doesnt support uhd

That's a shame. I wonder why not?

Apparently because uhd is still in its test phase so its not on all devices iirc the beeb stopped supporting the 4k iplayer on the Firestick recently aswell

Ive now read on the bbc iplayer site the beeb are aware that the pro isnt streaming on iplayer in 4k at the moment and it is "under investigation"

Just today I've discovered that the PS4 Pro situation is much better than that on PS5, where there is no iPlayer app at all! I'm redecorating my lounge and so have a temporary setup upstairs with my PS5 and an old TV that for some reason no longer has a working iPlayer app. No problem thought I, I'll just run it on my PS5 then but alas it's not an option.

The same is true for XSX:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom