ps plus

frankie carbone

Established Member
Reaction score
hi iam getting a ps5 arriving next week have not gamed in over 20 years so out of touch should i get ps plus is that the best one to get also whats a good price to pay for it,thanks

i believe the 3 month ps plus voucher (£20) is the lowest amount which does not need a credit card on file. your get access to the 3 free games per month but also the 20 free ps4 games. PS Plus Users on PS5 Can Claim 24 Games for Free Right Now

imo the 3 best online games which are free to download and play online ( no ps plus needed) are - call of duty warzone, fortnite and apex legends. each game has Micro transactions but there is no need to buy anything. check out youtube to get an idea of what the games are like.

yes, it's all done on the ps5.

once you claim / download them, they will be on your account but your need ps plus to play them. just like the monthly free ps plus games.

see here

Last edited:
Shopto is £41 for a years subscription, you buy a digital code and redeem it on the play station store on the ps5.

12 month ps plus is currently £24.99 on the ps store for new users.

pick up psn credit online to make it even cheaper. (Eg shopto, cdkeys)

hi having problems trying set up a ps plus account on pc when i try to add paypal account it says

You already have PayPal associated with your account.

Not familiar with accessing PSN account details on PC but I would've thought that you'd be able to view payment methods associated with your PSN account. If your paypal then is associated when buying the subscription then just select 'pay with paypal' rather than 'add paypal'

Not familiar with accessing PSN account details on PC but I would've thought that you'd be able to view payment methods associated with your PSN account. If your paypal then is associated when buying the subscription then just select 'pay with paypal' rather than 'add paypal

Not familiar with accessing PSN account details on PC but I would've thought that you'd be able to view payment methods associated with your PSN account. If your paypal then is associated when buying the subscription then just select 'pay with paypal' rather than 'add paypal'
hi the thing is it only gives the option of add paypal and bank card i have used my bank account but dont like using that and i dont think i ever used paypal on psn thanks

I've just signed into my PSN account using a browser.
  1. Click your profile pic on the top right
  2. Payment management
Check the paypal account listed here is the one you want to use.
If it isn't:
  1. click it & select 'remove'
  2. add the correct paypal payment method
If it is:
  1. Click it & select 'change default payment method'
You should then be able to make the purchase with your paypal account being charged.

I've just signed into my PSN account using a browser.
  1. Click your profile pic on the top right
  2. Payment management
Check the paypal account listed here is the one you want to use.
If it isn't:
  1. click it & select 'remove'
  2. add the correct paypal payment method
If it is:
  1. Click it & select 'change default payment method'
You should then be able to make the purchase with your paypal account being charged.
hi thanks for reply as i said it gives you the option of adding bankcard or adding paypal there is no pay pal in my account to remove i have googled it seems a few people saying the same psn saying its paypal fault saying something about unlinking account i been in paypal there nothing to unlink cheers anyway

Ah okay. Good luck in getting it sorted. Personally I'd go with the option then of using your bank card. You can always remove it from your account after making the purchase.

Or, buy a PSN topup card to add funds to your account
This is always my preferred option.
Top up cards are cheaper or face value at the very least, & there’s no danger of someone having a spending spree on your linked bank card if you were unfortunate enough to get hacked.

i had a ps3 for about a week which i forgot about used a different email account with it but could not remember password after many tries i got into it and sure enough paypal was assosiated with it so thanks for all the help.do these psn accounts get hacked easily

i had a ps3 for about a week which i forgot about used a different email account with it but could not remember password after many tries i got into it and sure enough paypal was assosiated with it so thanks for all the help.do these psn accounts get hacked easily
Not really, there was a big hack a few years ago. Main one is that people use the same password for everything or weak passwords. Also if you have a phone add 2FA to your psn account, makes it more secure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom