PS Plus sub, cheap subs legit?

ilovelife

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, being new to PlayStation having just acquired my PS5 I am wanting a PS Plus sub, I’ve noticed Shopto selling a 12 month for £32.85, are these cheap ones all ok and legit? Are there any differences or is a Ps Plus sub the same across the board for all Playstations?

thanks

A sub is a sub. Amazon also selling at a discount at the moment, £37.50 so not as much discount as shopto. Shopto are a reputable source so I'd say go for it :)

Just redeemed the shopto code -all good 👍

I noticed that I had 5 days left but the new sub didn’t extend my subscription it just started the 12 months from today. Not a problem but if I had a few weeks left I would have been annoyed.

I noticed that I had 5 days left but the new sub didn’t extend my subscription it just started the 12 months from today. Not a problem but if I had a few weeks left I would have been annoyed.

That's weird as I did the exact same thing today (Shopto Sub) and it extended my sub to Sept 2022 (which was expected)

Word of advice though, when you redeem a sub code it automatically turns on the auto renewal. I would recommend turning that off so you don't get stung in 12 months time with a £49.99 bill (amusing you don't extend again before the sub runs out)

This should extend it by the 12 months, not restart. That's how it's always worked before. I've got about 6 months left and have bought one. Won't be happy if it's now changed as these need yo be redeemed in the next few weeks.

This should extend it by the 12 months, not restart. That's how it's always worked before. I've got about 6 months left and have bought one. Won't be happy if it's now changed as these need yo be redeemed in the next few weeks.
@rb5201 How can you tell when an unused PS Plus code expires? I assumed the codes remain live until redeemed.

@rb5201 How can you tell when an unused PS Plus code expires? I assumed the codes remain live until redeemed.
Normally I think they don't expire it was just these ones from shopto which you had to use within a certain time

Normally I think they don't expire it was just these ones from shopto which you had to use within a certain time
I got a PS Plus sub from shopto around November with my PS5. I’ve been sitting on the code waiting for The Last of Us 2 MP to release, or some decent games - still twiddling my thumbs.

You’ve got me a little concerned about an expiry date. Where did you read that they expire, and how do you check the date?

I got a PS Plus sub from shopto around November with my PS5. I’ve been sitting on the code waiting for The Last of Us 2 MP to release, or some decent games - still twiddling my thumbs.

You’ve got me a little concerned about an expiry date. Where did you read that they expire, and how do you check the date?
There was a specific promotion on shopto which had an expiry date on their PS+ codes.
Their general PS+ listings don’t have an expiry date.

As hippo says I think it was just on this promo. First time I've seen it before, and it was highlighted very clearly when purchased.

As hippo says I think it was just on this promo. First time I've seen it before, and it was highlighted very clearly when purchased.
Ah, that’s good to know. I certainly don’t recall any mention of an expiration date when I purchased, but I wouldn’t necessarily have been reading any small print either. As you say, if it’s made blatantly obvious then I should be OK.

I’ll tap my code in again soon just to double check it’s still active.

*Mistake post, please delete.

Last edited:
If you already subscribe via direct debit and you buy one of these yearly subs, when you add to the account will you need to cancel DD or anything, or does the account automatically realise you dont need to be billed?

If you already subscribe via direct debit and you buy one of these yearly subs, when you add to the account will you need to cancel DD or anything, or does the account automatically realise you dont need to be billed?
Go into your PS+ subscription settings & turn off auto renewal. Auto renewal is what controls whether it takes the direct debit or not.
Every time you add a PS+subscription, it automatically turns on auto-renewal.

Go into your PS+ subscription settings & turn off auto renewal. Auto renewal is what controls whether it takes the direct debit or not.
Every time you add a PS+subscription, it automatically turns on auto-renewal.
Thanks ill try it out then

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom