PS Plus in 2015, worth it?

Was PS+ worth the £39.99 for a year's sub?

• Yes

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters
An absolute steal! I haven't played many of the games, but thats just me and it doesn't affect the value at all. Looking forward to Gauntlet Slayer Edition in December though.

Having just bought a PS4, I'm trying to decide whether to bother with this or not. Quick question, is it region specific, or can you buy it from anywhere that's cheap?

It's region specific.

If you plan on playing online then you're going to need it.

Don't really play much online to be honest.

Downloaded MLB last night from US (around half the UK price, some things don't change, no matter what the platform :) )and there seems to be like an Ultimate Team type thing in there, which it wouldn't let me play due to not having PS+, might grab a 3 month code and see how much I use it.

I vaguely recall hearing the free games you get are only accessible while you have a PS+ sub?

Although if they're anything like the Xbox freebies, I doubt I'll be playing any of them more than about 10 minutes :)

I thought Xbox were available permanently? Maybe not then. Never play them long, so not bothered anyway:)

Don't really play much online to be honest.

Downloaded MLB last night from US (around half the UK price, some things don't change, no matter what the platform :) )and there seems to be like an Ultimate Team type thing in there, which it wouldn't let me play due to not having PS+, might grab a 3 month code and see how much I use it.

I vaguely recall hearing the free games you get are only accessible while you have a PS+ sub?

Although if they're anything like the Xbox freebies, I doubt I'll be playing any of them more than about 10 minutes :)
Thing is, if you buy at the right times, it shouldn't cost you much over £30 for the year. So for around £3 p/m or less, you get :-

24 PS4 games to play each year (yep there will be a lot of indie games in here, but some of those are gems that I wouldn't ever play without PS+). If you have a PS3 and Vita, then you also get games to play on those systems. I've got a PS3 with a big HDD in it and 100's of games on it, most received for free through PS+. Great to have in say the Kitchen where you can access the media functions of the PS3 and a huge catalogue of games.

You get discounts on games from the store. So when there's sales on, you can get some really good digital bargains (that said, I usually buy games from Canada these days, where the savings are usually greater).

You can play online and use share play

You get 10gb of online storage for game saves

To be honest, even if 2 or 3 of the games you download appeal, then that pretty much covers the cost.

You also get to try some Betas and new games first.

I'd certainly try it out as it's still one of the best gaming bargains about IMO.

Just grabbed a 3 month code of eBay to try it out. Assumed as it was a code, I'd use the 3 months and it'd just stop, but apparently not :)

It seems they'll just continue it as a subscription anyway. How easy is it to cancel? That's assuming I decide I want to and actually remember to do it in time.

Just grabbed a 3 month code of eBay to try it out. Assumed as it was a code, I'd use the 3 months and it'd just stop, but apparently not :)

It seems they'll just continue it as a subscription anyway. How easy is it to cancel? That's assuming I decide I want to and actually remember to do it in time.
Yeah top tip. Don't have any payment details on your account. That way they can't renew anything. If you have money in your account they take that too.

You can go into the subscription on your account and set it to not auto renew.

Bit sneaky really. I'll make sure I take my payment details off and just buy cards if I wavy to buy anything.

Easily worth it for me, I play online daily so i get my worth from that.

Rocket League was the best pick of the bunch for me but so many decent other ones.

I enjoyed and i am enjoying

Magicka 2
Apotheon
Guacamelee
Gauntlet
Limbo
Metal Gear Ground Zero
Rogue Leagacy
Transistor (already had that though but still a top game)
Infamous First Light

I've enjoyed some of the others but these are the ones that stuck out for me.

So for me they all came for free as i pay for the online use not the games, even if i didn't like that many it would still be worth it due to the worth of the games you get per month and the hidden gems you wouldn't normally play or buy.

You can turn off auto renew.

Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > Playstation Plus > Subscription > Cancel Auto Renewal

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom