PS on a 433

philipb

Help from 433MXE owners appreciated, or even Joe himself.

Connected my Sony 9000ES DVD player up to input 2 (component), and everything is fine on PAL interlaced signals (having set the 433 to component). But with a region 1 disc and the Sony set to progressive all I get is a small picture in the middle of the screen with a green tinge. Changing the 433 back to RGB instead of component doesn't help (of course).

Connection to the plasma is from 3 RCA phonos on the Sony using BNC adaptors.

Any suggestions?

NeilMcRae

Novice Member
Check that the display is setup to receive NTSC Component, failing that I'd guess at a botched region 1 mod :(

Neil.

philipb

Neil

Everything was OK with the last plasma I owned, so I doubt the Sony is at fault. I'll check the settings on the 433 as you suggest.

NeilMcRae

Novice Member
Did you use the player with component outputs though ? I heard some Sony 725 mods botched the component out ports...

Neil.

philipb

I've sussed it.

The manual isn't very helpful on this. When you provide an NTSC signal into the component inputs, the menu settings are different. Under "setup" theres a new setting which cycles between VGA-wide VGA-video. Selecting video gives a perfect picture. This option is absent from the menu when a PAL interlaced signal is input.

Obvious really!

I knew it couldn't be the 9000ES - it gives a cracking picture in PS.