Novice Member
Hi,

I have the following setup:

Sprout 100 amp
Rega P3 turntable
Schiit Modi 3 DAC
Elac UniFi BS U5 speakers
Dell XPS laptop running Roon

When I run Qobuz from my phone via the BT setting the system sounds fantastic.
When I run the TV via optical cable through the Digital setting it also sounds great.
When I run the turntable via the Vinyl setting it starts out fine then after about 15 mins or so the right speaker starts to distort and it becomes unlistenable. The same thing happens when I use Roon via the Analog setting.

I thought there might be some noise being generated somewhere so bought some ferrite rings for the speaker cables and also some ground loop isolators but they make no difference. Have swapped all the speaker cables and speakers and so it seemed to me that there might be an issue with the right speaker out on the amp so I sent off to PS audios UK branch who tested it and said all was fine but I still have the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening? It's starting to drive me nuts!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Van300

Hi

Have you tried grounding the amp?

luca2008

Novice Member
Do you mean grounding the turntable to amp? No, as the rega has ground built in but I have ordered a ground cable to see if it makes any difference anyway. Will post an update 👍🏻 thanks

Van300

I meant ground for the amp.

Van300

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom