1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS Audio Power Conditioners

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gwc, May 7, 2005.

1. gwc

gwc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I am think of buying a PS Audio Power conditioner and have the chance to buy a P500 or a P600.

As I have only demo'ed the P300 briefly, has anyone any experience of the above two and which one in there opinion is the best.

I will be using it to drive a CD player, DVD player and possible pre-amps

Cheers

gwc

2. DAMOON

DAMOON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it cost more than £162 plus vat do not bother buy a solatek AVR 02-22ER from RS components instead.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    PS Audio have made some of the best regenerative power supplies for some years now(along with Accuphase),and in terms of which will provide you with the best results,given the price,and your intended use,the PS500 should suit your needs.
    It also has a filtered high power socket for use with power amps drawing up to 1800W.

These are quite different from the voltage/frequency regulator that Damoon has kindly recommended,which will provide you with some degree of help,but does only provide stability at the output of +/- 4% which equates to +/- 10V at UK voltages.

As you will no doubt be aware,regenerative supplies work in a very different fashion,and also allow you to vary the mains frequency and waveform,which some have found to be useful,and others to be simply interesting.
    My own limited experience is that of reduced background noise,and definitely much lower levels of mains-borne rubbish,but at a price.

4. gwc

gwc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I was leaning towards the P500 but have found out that the UK version on has 4 outlets (3 re-generated and one filtered) where the US version has 6 outlets. This means that I would only have enough for the CD player and none for the pre-amp/processor.

I may have to look at P600, as it has 8 outlets in the US so there should be more than 4 on the UK version.

5. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The UK distributor Ultimate Sonics, should be able to answer your questions.

http://www.ultimate-sonics.com/products.htm

But you might like to register on the PS audio forum as here your questions usually get answered by the company owner(s)/product designers.

http://www.psaudio.com/account/index.asp?target=/account/askexperts/index.asp?

I would also be very interested in how you get on as I've a feeling that I'm going to heading for one of these myself sooner or later, just can't quite get over the financial outlay aspect :eek:

Paul

6. DAMOON

DAMOON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not be put off by the cheap price i have tried this on some high end systems with seriously good results all those that i have demoed mine 2 have brought one. I even demonstrated it to Unilet's in Newmalden in one of their demo rooms. Just because it does not cost £1000+ does not mean it will not work.

The regenration systems are obviously the way to go if you have the cash then go for it. Also consider looking at Thurlby thandar who make an interesting harmonic filter which is normally used for supplying sensitive measuring equipment with pure AC Only cost £500 as well