PS Accounts and PS Plus question

spencer_uk

Hi - long term PS Plus user on PS4 and now the proud owner of a PS5 so thrilled. Now I want to enable my son (we shared an account before) to be able to play the PS4 while I play the PS5 or vice versa. But was trying to avoid having to pay for two PS Plus accounts.

Is there a way for us to get a family version and this allows:
  • both of us to play at the same time without booting the other off
  • thus share the same set of games - my account can be primary on the PS4 and PS5 I believe
  • be able to play online (including with/against eachother) e.g. he plays Destiny on one machine and I play it on the other.

Thanks!
Spencer.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
You simply need to make your account primary on your son's PS4, he'll then have access to your digital library and ps+ online subs. Just note you'll have to download your digital games from your account to his PS4 before he can play them from his account.

spencer_uk

ah cool - and he needs his own account against his own email id I presume? And then do I have to link to him as a child?

spencer_uk

thanks for your help on this :)

Toasty

Distinguished Member
His account doesn't need to be linked to you, that's a whole other discussion ;) If your interested, there's several threads discussing child accounts. But basically, he just needs to have his own account, then log in to a PS that is set as your accounts primary console..

spencer_uk

Thanks for your help

DM 73

I did this for the same reason, playing destiny with my son set up the same way with PS4 as primary. Works ok but if he went on the PS5 and went on his account on that all the added content for the game is not accessible and asks him to purchase it ! I’ve managed to get him a PS5 with the intention of selling the PS4 but we have the same issue 🤷🏻‍♂️ Do I just need to turn the primary off on the PS4??

Toasty

Distinguished Member
It's called something different to primary, you have to go into settings and set your account as shareable, or similar phrase. You can only do this on one PS5, so do it on your sons..

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom