PS-42S5HX disaster! whats next guys?

R

render

Hi guys.
first time on here so be nice! im just sending back my samy after a few days of sitting in front of it with remote in hand trying to not get people to look lilke they have just been tangoed! i have to say the image control system is appauling, i work with special effects so im no novice to the whole post pro colour grading and setting up screen calibrations, but this stuff was nonsense. i think the guys a samsung really need to go bact to the board with this stuff, come on guys just give me some kind of red,green and blue controls rather than that awfull My Colour settings effort.
Really guys this may be a cheep plasma and the inital picutre may have great contrast and be really smooth, but the colour...ugh.
Any how thats the moan over i thought i was being clever getting a screen for just over a grand but ive paid for it now, so what i do want to know is whats next. LG or Panasonic. ive heard great things about both and some rough things about the panasonic. my old plasma is now 3 years old and to be quite frank when i put it back on last night it was like a breath of fresh air

cheers guys.

usman24

Hi,

I would opt for pioneer or panasonic. Pioneer has brilliant colour range and decent black levels and a reasonably sharp picture. Panasonic has very good black levels and excellent natural looking colour range with a smooth cinematic picture quality. If I were buying a plasma today I would not go near any other brand other than to two P's.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom