PS£ audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the PS3 forum and hopefully someone a lot more knowledgeable than me when it comes to the machine may be able to help.

Its like this, I bought the PS3 primarily as a BD player and I have only played 1 BD disc and a couple of SD DVD's. The PS3 is connected through an optical cable to my Yamaha RV359 AV receiver and when I play a disc the audio only comes out as Pro Logic.

What settings do I need to change on the console to output Dolby Digital/DTS(if disc carries it).

Thank You

Horse

ok mate go to display settings on ps3, then video output. then hdmi custom, tick all picture settings your tv supports then x. after that it lets you set audio options, go onto optical and tick top 2.
hope that helps :thumbsup:

ok mate go to display settings on ps3, then video output. then hdmi custom, tick all picture settings your tv supports then x. after that it lets you set audio options, go onto optical and tick top 2.

Thanks for the quick reply, will give it a go once my six year old son tears himself away from watching Transformers on it.

Thanks for the quick reply, will give it a go once my six year old son tears himself away from watching Transformers on it.
no probs mate, transformers at least is a good movie :D

If that does'nt work go into sound settings and change it from lpcm to bitstream.

Perfect mate thanks a bunch works a treat.:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom