1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxima Impression A10 Fossil Hunt

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KeyTech, Sep 22, 2004.

1. KeyTech

KeyTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old Proxima Impression A10. It was a good projector for it's time but now it has moved on to me and it has issues. I'm not even sure what the part is called but it is melted. I removed it and am going to see if it still works decently without it. If anybody is familiar with this machine, it is the lens set after the squaer stepped lens. It is the second lens in the path. It has(had) 7 vertical openings seperated by aluminum slats and another vertical stepped lens on the other side with some kind of plastic (or other resin) coating being the substance that melted completely. This is the condition in which I received the projector. It was left on for an extended weekend at an office in Huntsville, AL and that is what melted the surface. Anyway, if anyone has one of these dinosaurs or knows of a service manual anywhere or even knows what the part is called I would appreciate any help. It's still a decent projector and would go great with the dorm. Thanks in advance, JC.