Prowlr - Your TV Companion

m4rkie23

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Prowlr is a free web app allowing you to track your favourite TV shows on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

trio.png

This web app provides an easy to use, friendly, manageable tool to track up and coming episodes of your favourite tv shows.

Registration is quick, easy and free.

Add unlimited TV shows to your show list. Decide you don't want to follow a show any longer? Just 2 taps will remove it.

Being a web app, Prowlr will never require updates through the Apple store. Any new features will automatically be added to your account when you sign in. Free of charge, of course.

Visit http://prowlr.tv now, add Prowl to your home screen and you will receive our customized dashboard icon.

Unique Features:

- WEEKLY VIEWER
Check which shows are on each week using Prowlr's unique weekly viewer.

- EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Never miss an episode of your favourite shows ever again. Prowlr will send you an email at the start of each week letting you know which episodes are airing on which day.

- SYNOPSIS VIEWER
Check details of current and next episodes with Prowlr's synopsis viewer by just tapping on the episode name.

For News and Update information, check out our:

twitter page http://twitter.com/prowlrtv
facebook fan page http://prowlr.tv/facebook

(thanks to everyone who participated in tv polls last year)

Last edited:
Looks great, nice to see something from an AVF regular :thumbsup:

I've moved it to the App Store forum although its a Web App and I was going to sticky this but think it might get more exposure just being with the "regular" threads for a while.

Last edited:
Supreb. Cheers for posting m4rkie23 :thumbsup:

Really impressed with this, very well polished :clap:

Can it be modified to show when the shows are on in the UK? It would be really useful to be able to set your territory and have it automatically grab local guides.

Was having some login issues for about 5 minutes but seems to have sorted itself out now.

there will be some info about updates for v2.0 released soon.
a few new features will be included, but as they have not been written yet (and tested to see if they would actually work) then i dont want to say too much.

the data stored on theTVDB is the first broadcast of the show. you'll notice in your show list, under the showname, it will say when the episode has/will be aired, and on what station.

anyone who has any ideas (or if there are any problems) then please visit Prowlr on anything other than an iphone or ipod touch and log your feedback at the bottom of the page.

thanks

This great nice on matey :thumbsup:

I've been looking for something like this for an age :)

This is a must have

cheers

Last edited:
I've been looking for something like this for an age :)

This is a must have

cheers

Agreed. I have been looking for a US tv show app since I got the iphone. :thumbsup:

glad you guys like it.

it started off as something a friend was working on just for us to check US air dates. we decided to develop it into prowlr a few months back, and now...well....here we are.

enjoy!!

Definitely a great app - very clean interface too, very impressed!

I'd like to second Hutch's request though - localisation! It would be *so* much more useful if I could set it to show when things will be/were on in the UK...

glad you like it.

it is something we are looking into for the future. curently, the supplier of our data does not support this. so we'd have to either find a way to actually do everything ourselves, or change the data source.

keep your eye on the twitter or facebook pages for updates and version update news.

:thumbsup:

Cheers for that mate. Had a look through it. Seems like a nice app, but the basis of prowlr is that its straightforward to use, simple, and easy on the eyes. Which I think we acheived.

Thanks for all the great comments!

I like how easy it is to use, very clean and gets the job done :) I'm also glad to find somewhere I can see when the shows air in the US as well, every site I try redirects me to a UK site normally.

Good work!

In just one day we have over 100 different shows being tracked by users, with downloaded episode information for over 7500 episodes.

:clap:

Update: we have over 150 different shows being tracked now by users - equating to over 11000 episodes of downloaded content.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far! Hope Prowlr is being useful!

Just signed up to check it out mate, don't watch a great deal of tv but for the shows I do like I can see when they're on, nice job. Really nice UI too perfect for iphone, well done!

Congratulations markie, you must be ginning like a chesire cat right now :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom