Providers can not see my details

Arkaned

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light or perhaps had a similar issue
I live in a reasonably new property and took my SKY Fibre service when I moved into the property, its been live for around 2 months with an active phone line. I'm looking to move to another provider. The problem I have is my details do not show up on any of their online systems. To get round this I thought I would phone BT to see if I could register with them on the phone. The automated service you have to go through again could not recognise my phone number. After speaking to their sales team they explained they can see my phone line but I can not get Fibre at my address. After explaining I already have it + neighbours have Fibre they reconsider and tell me the problem is the exchange is full which is preventing me from having the avaibility. Again, this makes no sense. The Openreach site states the exhange is accepting orders + a friend of mine who lives only houses away just ordered a switch last week from Plusnet to BT on fibre.

To me its as if SKY have somehow hidden my details or they are not released to other companies. Im baffled why my number is not recognised outside of SKY and baffled why if I enter my details on any provider's site, i can not get Fibre yet if I select a neightbour's house, it offers me full fibre.

Help?!?

MacrosTheBlack

Why don't you just stay with Sky? They are a pretty good ISP. Also having only had it for 2 months won't you have to pay them for the rest of the year anyway to get out of your 12 month contract early?

As for not showing on other systems I guess that's down to it being a new build.
What does Samknows site say?
SamKnows - Broadband Availability Checker

Arkaned

I had my contract at my previous address, I moved the service with me, it comes to an end soon. Looking to move as their pricing isn't competitive, the service has been fine.
Same thing, SamKnows doesn't know! Tells me I can't get Fibre.

Enki

Banned
Should be the case of contacting new Provider and wait for transfer. My guess, sky is being difficult. You might have have to spend a couple weeks back on ADSL with new provider to bypass awkwardness.

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
If you are a sky LLU customer the telephone number will not be recognised by BT systems. Same as if you were a virgin media customer

Enki

Banned
If you are a sky LLU customer the telephone number will not be recognised by BT systems. Same as if you were a virgin media customer

However, the gaining provider on this connection, over the national network (Openreach maintained line) can see his line number, Sky are being awkward, they have form in this situation. The work around I know, is going ADSL for couple of weeks, with new provider!

Arkaned

Just an update -
So I spoke to someone helpful at BT that contacted an internal department and registered my details. My details now appear on their system and I can get the 76mb service. After all the systems and websites telling me I couldnt, after being persistant I've got it fixed. If anyone has the same issue I can give them more info on what I had to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom