1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProV+

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JohnCorleone, Jul 1, 2003.

1. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I'm interested in buying a ProV+ ( mainly for use with my TV signal) to connect to my panny AE100. (Incidentally would S-Video using the ProV+ give a better picture from my DVD656A than component?) I have a major problem though, I'm Irish and unfortunately av-sales.com won't take cr. card details from non-UK people :( Also delivery to my workplace is pretty much the only option :/ Scan have the ProV for 93 sterling and dont have any of the above problems but I hate buying old kit when there's newer stuff out there. Anyone know of somewhere that will deliver to a non-billing address in Ireland, take cr. card payments and stock the ProV+ ?

/me wondering if he's asking for too much ...

Cheers,

John

2. Member 6435

Member 6435

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    John

You have PM

Regards

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    John,

I got my ProV from Scancom, here - They were brilliant on delivery (to my door in less than 24 hours, and offered my a 14-day trade-up period if I wanted something else.

All the best,

Sean G.

4. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Sean :)

I've gone with the ProV+ from av-sales.com as they've kindly accepted a cr. card payment and agreed to deliver to work :clap: The teletext would be really handy for me, and the newer philips chip in the ProV+, is why I chose it over the XGA theater.

Incidentally, noticing that you're Irish, where do you get most of your AV equip from? The demise of richer sounds in Ireland now leaves us with no alternative to cheap high street electrical stores (Dixons etc. ) and uber elite stores ( Cloney etc.) :(

Have any of you guys thought about setting up a Home Cinema enthusiasts group in Ireland? A meeting with a tech talk, maybe someone being good enough to show people their own system, and a drink later so we could natter about the advantages of Prog. scan and Hoya Filterss etc. would be lots of fun :clap:

Cheers,

John

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    John,

Taking you last post to PM.

Sean G.