1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

proV XGA-screen hangs over edge of screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by obiwan, Dec 20, 2002.

1. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is this right.
    Having little experience of projectors etc.

In XGA mode on ProV the projected picture sits in the middle of a much larger screen that hangs over the sides of the screen and projected onto the back wall, is this right??, it is very annoying, is it something I must get used to?

Also green blob on RHS bottom of screen, Ive seen this dust/green blob thing on other threads, just a can of air spray right??

Merry Xmas

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Obiwan,

More info needed, I'm afraid..........

When you say the picture is in the middle of a much larger image, do you mean there is a border all around it, or just to the left and right of it ?

Have you checked that your dvd player and projector are set to
    16:9 (wide/widescreen) - are you just getting a 4:3 image being projected ?

Previous threads have dealt with the dust blob issue and spoken of using a can of compressed air to blow thru the optics of the PJ, with the warning to make sure that the can is only expelling air, without any traces of liquid (propellant). I haven't tried this, so you're on your own !! If you sprayed any of the propellant (liquid) into the optics, I'd say it would make a complete mess of things so if you're going to try this, consider yourself as having been warned, and be careful !!

Sean G.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Sean you are most patient.

Obiwan,

Given your level of experience with LCD PJs, I'd be VERY careful opening up your AE-100/cleaning the panels.

The ProV/small pic issue is IMO some settings you've not set correctly. Try the things Sean has suggested.

Best of luck ;)

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Kramer,

You're tooooo kind :blush: Still up ??? What did you watch ??

AOTC was brill, loads of action, romance a bit gickey, cracking image thru laptop... don't believe all the hyperbole about your feckin' HS10, I'm very happy with my AE100, I really am, I REALLY REALLY AM !!!!!! (do I sound persuaded enough ?)

Obiwan,

no messing m8, you've now been well warned about opening your PJ to clean it.

Its like this, I've opened countless bits and pieces, am not afraid of wielding a soldering iron (tho' its been a while), AND I've got a dust blob on my AE100, and nothing would tempt me to open it and start spraying it with compressed air. Thats just me, but again, you've been warned.

See ya,

Sean G.

5. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    NP
    Thx for advice, Im not gonna open up the PJ.

I made a mistake a few years ago that I will not forget in a hurry.

I bought a Panny A350 from RS, I bought a modchip from Techtronics (When they gave good service). I attempted to chip it myself using the guide in the instructions. I managed to completely F@CK it up. I couldnt live wthout DVD player so I went straight onto net and bought a Pioneer 717, Multimod, from TT.

I had a friend look at my mistake, I was so rough I managed to snap a leg off a chip mounted on the board. (I know and I am serious).

My m8 repaired it by scraping down the IC until he could pick up enough of the left over leg inside the chip to solder onto. He did say the heat from the soldering iron would prolly damage the chip, but I had nothing to lose.

Well the repair did work and is still working.

And btw the green blob has gone!! It was there for sure in AOTC, I watched a bit of Gladiator and The Beach last night and it was not there!! I would have noticed for sure because when you spot something like that you just cant help looking for it.

Im still not permanently set up yet, still waiting for screen from Walter Stewart, It should have been here Thurs. on overnight. Still not here and it is Sat.!! <<---- OK I know its only 9am but my point is that it should have been here yesterday...

Merry Xmas