ProV+ Progressive Scan Video Converter

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Guttee07, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Guttee07

Guttee07
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ProV+ Progressive Scan Video Converter is it worth me getting one of these for my panny pt ae200 to improve the picture quality.
    Is there anything else i can do to get optimum quality
    Thanks
    mike

2. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    When you say "to improve the picture quality", what video source are you hoping to improve, because my experience of the original ProV (of which the ProV+ doesn't upgrade in terms of deinterlacing etc.) with my AE100 was that it just introduced lip-sync problems, and made the image look rather nasty and jerky. The Panny PJs seem to have pretty good internal de-interlacers and scalers (well, better than the ProVs anyway) so unless you're shelling out for a more expensive de-interlacer/processor, I don't think you'll see that much improvement.

I can however highly recommend going the HTPC route for best possible picture quality, there you really will see a huge improvement in PQ.

3. ruffrider

ruffrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i was just gonna buy one of these when u mentioned the lip sync issue could u please elaborte for me ?

thanx