1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProV progressive scan video converter - worth considering?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Edward Greatrex, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Edward Greatrex

Edward Greatrex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a bog-standard Sony DVP NS900V DVD player which has RGB, S-Video and component out (NTSC only). Since the vast majority of my disks are region 2 PAL would I see any benefit in either way, shape or form by investing in the ProV progressive scan video converter?

2. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Hi Edward. Check out this thread. I bought one of these units last week from AV Sales & have given it a thorough testing. I am very impressed with it. Depends upon which projector you're using (I have an AE100), but it'll certainly remain in my setup. See the linked thread for full details.

Cheers,

Mark.

3. Edward Greatrex

Edward Greatrex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crikey Mark, you haven't had a back-hander from the manufacturer or something, have you? :D

Seriously though, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the thread, it has proved most educational.

4. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I wish! Could use some help paying for all the toys :D Actually first saw the ProV in action at the AV Sales projector shootout...ordered one on the spot coz I liked it so much. I think I'm just about the first person with this particular model so I felt it my responsibility so share the knowledge with my fellow a/v nerds!!