ProV owners quick poll:

theritz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What PJ do you use your ProV with, and what are your picture setting ?

Mine:

Ae100,

Brightness: 80
Contrast: 170
Saturation 165
Hue 127
Sharpness 2 - 3

I allow a little tweaking around these settings, depending on the tv station.

Sean G.

ProV setting

Brightness 76
Contrast 159
Saturation 160
Hue 118

I sometimes up the contrast on some channels, I only use the ProV for Video and Sky.
I also reduced green to -8 to cut back on the green image, I will try the hoya filter one day, but haven't got round to it yet.

Hi Timh
You should really give your Hoya filter a test, I've found the results a great improvement cutting out all signs of green image and it really improves black levels.
For once an upgrade that didn't cost the earth :D

Samir

Samir

I haven't got round to buying the hoya filter yet, why, I will never know, everyone swears by it, I am a little concerned of its benifits when using componant from my dvd player.

Better blacks and less green sounds good to me :)

Timh
I found when viewing a prog scan (NTSC & PAL) I would still notice the green image on the odd scene but now all is gone, there really is benefits to be had, and just when you thought prog scan couldn't get better.
BUY BUY BUY......:devil:

Samir
PS really improves skin tones aswell

Samir

Are you using the ProV for everything or just TV?
What dvd player are you using? I have read that the image can look slightly blue when using the Filter with a componant dvd player, Only read this once though.

Cheers.

A, I'm waiting for it to be delived but will only use it for TV

A, I'm using a Denon 2800 Mk 1, and have not had any of the Pal prog lip-sync problems that some on this forum have had.

A, I've never noticed any blue image problems with the hoya via a component feed. Was this on an interlaced or progressive image? as i only run mine in progressive.

Samir
P.S How's your new amp have you tried out DTS ES discrete yet :)

Hi Samir,

When you refer to "green image" when talking about the Hoya FLD filter, are you referring to colour uniformity issue with AE100 - i.e. left hand side of image showing an overall green hue (used to be right hand side - now ceiling mounted so sides swopped) ???

Does the filter reduce this ?

Where did you get the filter ?

How much did it cost ?

Thanks,

Sean G.

A, I've never noticed any blue image problems with the hoya via a component feed. Was this on an interlaced or progressive image? as i only run mine in progressive.
I am not sure if it was interlaced or progressive, i do envy you having pal progressive though :(
As for my new amp, I have yet to try out Descreet, I thought my Gladiator r2 was desreet, but apparlently its only DTS ES matrix with the R2 version, you need the R1 version for Descreet :(
Hopefully My R1 copy of AOTC should be here tomorrow, roll on DD-EX :D

Theritz

The filter corrects the natural colour green which LCD projecors seem to produce. Its available from Jessops for £21 the Hoya FLD 55mm is the one to go for, it does not fit very good, but I believe people use Electrical tape to hold it in place.
Take a look here

This filter converts fluorecsent light into daylight for use with daylight balanced film. This removes the green cast produced by fluorescent light.

Hi Theritz this filter is a must for any Panny owner and for £20.99 it has to be one of the cheapest upgrades you will make.

Timh try these for your amp if you have them
Blade 2 R1 0r R2 ES discrete
Se7en R2 ES dis
Rush Hour 2 R2 Es dis

ES discrete is the way to go.:D

Samir
SG1 wormhole's sound cool in PL2 too:D

Samir

I have none of the above, but my Sister has Blade II R2, I wonder what track this contains.
SG1 really does rock in Pro Logic II, I have even had effects on the rear left speaker :eek:

Remind me what amp you have!

Timh
blade 2 R2 has a dts es discrete and DD ex
I've got a 3802 in gold to match my 2800 :D or my babies as they are know to my friends :rolleyes:
If you like any of the films above i will happly lend you a copy if you like, if so pm me your addy.

Samir

Samir

Thanks for the offer, I will try Blade II for now to see how it fairs.

Cheers :)

AE100

Bright 102
Cont 170
Satur 180
Sharp 12
Hue 127

I used the THX setup jobbie on T2 to set these values. I have an unknown brand of screen (has a sticker marked VS) 95" wide, AE100 values on default and a 13'6" throw distance. I use a little defocus.

Hi Timh and Samir,

Thanks for the "heads up" about the Hoya filter. I'd read about this a good few times before, but not seen mention of curing the green cast.

I'll be trying Jessops on the phone on Monday to get one and trying out your settings tonight !!

Thanks,

Sean G.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom