1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProV or TV-4000?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xander, Jul 15, 2002.

1. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've seen lots of comments about these 2 units but am wondering which one to get (or are they really the same)? I've noticed that the TV-4000 mentions 3:2 pulldown and the ProV mentions frame buffering.

I currently use a PAL Pioneer interlaced DVD player via component input to my AE100 and am looking for ways to improve the picture (the picture is already good except for slight ghosting). I'd also like to improve the Sky TV and VCR inputs via composite Video.

Obviously using either of the ProV or TV-4000, I'd have to use SVideo rather than component out from the DVD player. All posts that I've seen indicate that the quality should be better though.

Any comments on which of the 2 units I should get? I'd obviously like an iScan Pro, but they're a bit too expensive for me right now.

TIA

2. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, on further reading I've figured that they are in fact the same thing!

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have the Pro v and PTA E 100 and find it excellent in fact it`s better than excellent... Svid to P,ro v then it`s into the PC socket of the Panny. My Sky is outstanding quality.
    Can`t speak for the other though