1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prov for terrestrial tv

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by darhart, Oct 11, 2002.

1. darhart

darhart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    im interested in improving my terrestrial (spelt wrong?) TV through my pany ae100 via composite cable from my video, will a pro-v help or would i be better off getting a free to air digital tv reciever? also would a pro-v improve the picture from my tosh dvd player (about 3 years old) via s-vid cable?

thanks darren.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Haven't tried the rf on the proV but I'm sure that DTV will be better.

Yep, that what it is designed to do and if you get a DTV box it will improve that too!

Have you seen the Scan today only, which is obviously just todat (although it comes up every couple of weeks), £100 delivered.....a no brainer IMO.

3. darhart

darhart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for that, i recieved the prov today. havent been able to test as yet as i will need to get a 15 way hd gender ganger to plug into the ae100. will think about the digital tv next month when the nokia 221t comes out.

4. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I use my Prov for ordinary TV but find the picture is good but not brilliant for the best results I watch them on the Sky channels, although these are also from the Rf input of the Pro v they are much much Better in fact excellent.