1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prov connector box from keene,Does anybody use it

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RATMARK, Apr 3, 2003.

1. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im looking at buying one of these for future connection to a sanyo pj
    Has anybody got / used one who could offer me some advice,or any other box to connect to pj
    i need to connect
    free to air
    satalite box
    playstaion 1
    and then i guess run a vga cable to the pj from the prov box,can i also route my pc thro this box due to limitations of connections on back of pj
    i prefer not to run any video signals via my a/v amp (ie svideo )
    Marantz sr5200
    dvd direct to pj cia component
    any advice much appreciated:confused:

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pro-V connector box???

The Pro-V converts S-Video or Composite to VGA (1024x768). VGA by it nature is progressive scan. The Pro-V only has one s-video and one composite connection.

The connector box is really your amp. I use my amp to select the source (dvd or sky) which is then passed by S-video to the Pro-V and VGA out to the projector.

If you are using ordinary component for dvd (not progessive scan) then I would use the Pro-V via S-Video. The pro-v cannot convert component.

Search on these forums for pro-v and you find lots of threads which will answer all your questions.