• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Prototype - Play & Help Thread

sedalbis

Ok so my copy just arrived in the post today, so I thought I would start this thread. I'll have a bash at it and let people know what I think.

FourthLion

Ok so my copy just arrived in the post today, so I thought I would start this thread. I'll have a bash at it and let people know what I think.

Argh! It's past lunchtime and you still haven't come back to post your thoughts! Have you no consideration for other people?! :rolleyes:

sedalbis

Haha sorry havn't got round to it yet, have been a bit busy today, will definately have had a few hours on it by this evening.

screemer

i am still undecided between this and Infamous.

sedalbis

Sorry guys have been really busy today and havn't even been able to put the disc in my PS3. And the new CoD WaW Map Pack is out tomorrow so I will be playing Zombies all night, and I also have Red Faction to finish (which I think it brilliant despite what everyone else is saying) before I have a go at Prototype. I'm guessing more people will get their copies tomorrow and will be able to give an opinion on it then.

gwhelan

Standard Member
Last edited:

darklight

I got my copy from ShopTo yesterday but I haven't even opened it.:eek: Mainly cause I haven't had a chance but given all the average reviews I'm gonna wait until some of you guys post your thoughts....I know everyone is comparing it to Infamous and it seems they rate Infamous higher but to tell you the truth when I played the Infamous demo I decided not to buy it:confused: Prototype seemed more fun from everything I saw of it (that's before the reveiws came out!).

At the end of the day reveiws are so subjective I think I'll probably just open it and have a whirl. I can always sell it on Ebay......:(

tp_z

well i waited all morning for it to come..
i got another license on burnout.. beat linger in the shadows...
and then it finallyarrived..

put this disc in... didnt need installing or anything.. played the game....
and it says i need to free some space on my hard drive :suicide:

great start.... :thumbsdow

tp_z

Edit: Deleted Skate 2 game data since i dont play it anymore and its now installing prototype game data.. cool :thumbsup:

Last edited:

tp_z

Well ive been playing for a couple of hours and i happy quite happy with it tbh! the amount of action thats going on is brilliant! no drops in frame rate either so far..

The graphics though are not the best, there are a lot of cutscene (sorta like mgs) which look pretty good but the general gameplay isnt great but its not a major issue i dont think, (Mouths/teeth are particulary bad :D)

Personally i feel the controls are quite hard to use but should be alright once you get used to them..
There is a lot of gore and blood :cool: there are a lot of choices of weapons that you can pick up... throwing people is always fun.. cars are throwable too!

THe first few missions do kinda throw you into it and it is very hectic to start off with massive 'wars' between all sorts of people.. but once you play for a bit it does start to become slightly clearer..

Overall i prefer this to infamous and theres more to it.. + i like getting a van and throwing it into a group of people and watching it all blow up and blood go flying everywhere.. :rotfl:

i think it probably has got the right score in reviews... 7/8 is about right..
+ trophies arent very easy to get ;) 1 so far in 2 1/2 hours :)

back to it :hiya:

tp_z

UnGreat

I've played Infamous and the 360 version of this and I have to say I much prefer Prototype.

The freerunning is so much fun and allows you to really shift.

tp_z

im actually quite enjoying this tbh,
graphics arent the best but it is reaaly fun!
only done a handful of missions due to a lack of time at the moment, the side missions are alright.. the running ones are a pain though.

would anyone one know why the is a psn logo on the game case? is some sort of online coop coming soon>
or just too lazy to take it off when coop was apparently in te game?

tp_z

mjsmith_2k

Finished the game last night and boy do I feel like I had to earn it. The action sequences are good and I loved unlocking some of the alternate powers to battle the bosses. Also, there were some jaw dropping moments being chased all over the city, hijacking helicopters and switching between characters to evade air strikes. However, for me the game is let down by being incredibly hard and frustrating. I'd call myself a medium to good general gamer and can beat most games on the hardest difficulties without much trouble, but I found some of the bosses really hard to beat, especially the final boss. It must have taken me 1.5 hours for him alone. I'm leaving the platinum trophy on this well alone, as some, including beat the game without dying, and beat the game on Hard (Impossible?), are very difficult to obtain.

So be warned, it is a lot of fun at times and most of my enjoyment came from the side missions, but it is a definite controller smasher. Also, the game is huge, I've only unlocked 15% approx of the trophies playing on Medium and completing most of the side missions and collectables.

tp_z

id completely agree with the above^

find myself dying a lot too! is on medium.. not sure how far i am in but ive got 9% of trophies so could be relatively far..
it is extremely fast paced with lots going on
some of the battles between the army, you, tanks, helicopters and infected people and mutant things are reaaly fun! with cars flying around and rockets etc :)

it is an extremely hard platinum that i definately wont be getting.. beat the game without dying :suicide:

tp_z

phillg1981

Is there any vital upgrades which are useful to purchase (and upgrade where needed) as at the moment I'm just purchasing upgrades @ random.

Lonely_Warrior

The 'core' upgrades are the mission essential ones as it won't let you start certain missions without them. In that situation it tells you what upgrade you need to buy. EP is pretty easy to earn so i'm just buying anything that looks cool to be honest. I started off loving this game but there are some crazy difficulty spikes that are becoming frustrating now...sometimes there are too many different types of enemies after you. Hunters, Blackwatch, Infected,Tanks,Helicoptors....its nuts!

phillg1981

Well I've just completed it this evening and I was really impressed with the game overall. Without even realising I only consumed 2 civillians so got a tricky trophy without knowing!!

I am now in 2 minds if to use the free roam to focus on the collectables (web of intrigue | landmarks | hints). Or just go for 'hard' mode?

I looked at the statistics at the end and I've only managed just over 5,000 infected kills altho some of the events that are unlocked where you have to kill infected can be farmed I suppose (the trophy for infected kills is nearly 54,000)!!!

Last edited:

DaddyDee

I've just started playing this yesterday. Just want to ask this, does killing civilians not make any difference to the storyline? Is there no bad/good in the game. Just need to make sure before I carry on destroying everything. :devil:

feaviolp

Well I've just completed it this evening and I was really impressed with the game overall. Without even realising I only consumed 2 civillians so got a tricky trophy without knowing!!

Wow - nice one. When I played I just couldn't stop munching on those delicious pedestrians :devil:. I think I must've blown my chances on that trophy within 5 minutes :rotfl:

I've just started playing this yesterday. Just want to ask this, does killing civilians not make any difference to the storyline? Is there no bad/good in the game. Just need to make sure before I carry on destroying everything. :devil:

AFAIK it makes no difference at all to the story line. The only thing it affects is the trophy mentioned above for finishing the game whilst consuming 10 or less civilians. A small price to pay for all that squishy brain goodness though :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom