1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proto Advise Please...................

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by darren7, Mar 4, 2003.

1. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys and girls.

I have had a pronto for some time now, I have only just got round to getting it out of the box, I have looked through the manual, it all looks pretty tough going.

Now I have sky+, and a Sony proj and a Pioneer amp I would like to operate.

I have looked on the Remote central site as well.

My Question is what are the best steps to take and the best place to start.

I no that I need ccf file and all that. I have had a quick look and set it to learn with the sky+ remote and the projector remote but all it does is say fail.

Am I doing something wrong, do I have to this like this or can I download the whole configs in one go, I see that there is pronto edit on the supplied disk, this may be an old version though.

Thanks people.

2. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone??

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    have a look at the following website, it has lots of CCF's to choose from (to save you work!!!) and a really good FAQ:

www.remotecentral.com

JJ

4. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Darren7 - this is really stupid, but my first mistake when trying to program my new Pronto was that I hadn't noticed the "Learning Eye" and I spent 15 minutes pointing my remotes at the "Transmitting Eye" at the front!
    The reason I did this is because I previously had a Sony commander which has only one eye - at the front.
    Doh!:blush:

5. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so first learn the codes? yes

then get the ccf`s , is this the correct order or is there a better way, or a different order to do things.

D

6. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I downloaded the ccf's - then edited the layout to my preference, using prontoedit. Afterwards I learned the codes from my existing remotes and programmed the hard buttons.

7. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys I will have to now download it and have a go,

its funny really I got a cd with my pronto that says pronto edit software, when you look on the cd, all it has is a load of pdf files ie: france , german ,ect and no exe files.

dont really understand the bit that people say about the alias buttons and the dummy panels but hey I have to give it a go.

cant find any ccf files for the Pioneer vsx 2011, anyone ?

thanks all

8. kron

kron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yea my cd didn't have the pronto edit exe. on it either :shrug:

A dummy panel is a basic blank panel just add some buttons to it and learn all the IR codes for say sky+ for each button (you can get them from someones ccf) These buttons become aliases for the buttons on your main sky+ panels . Basicaly instead of having to learn every button on diferent panels over and over again you just right click on the button you want to program and click alias ,scroll down the list of devices till you get to your dummy panel and click on the relevant button.

See if you can get ccf's for all your kit then take the codes from them you will also get a good idea of how the layout and stuff is done just by experimenting with them.

9. kron

kron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I couldn't get the codes for my receiver either ,no sweat though it's easy to learn them with your exsisting remote.

10. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    try using a stylus and it should progam it
    i know this for i was pulling my hair out trying to progam my one but then i thought that if i treated it like a pda maybe it would recognised the keys,u see the screen is really sensitive and when you press the keys with your fingers it sometimes doent work
    P.S AND YES I DO HAVE SKY+(and its all fully progammed)