Protein Shakes and nausea

m1stergeorge

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I may have to give up the protein shakes or at least try another brand. Initially I was having one after each gym session and that's been for 6-7 weeks or so now. Although recently I've developed a slightly nausious feeling about 2 hours after I have one. I'm almost certain it's the shakes as I only ever get it after I've had one.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Bleedin' sodds law I've got about three half full tubs left! I might have a go at selling it in the classifieds, can't remember if that's allowed though.

ggrant said:
I may have to give up the protein shakes or at least try another brand. Initially I was having one after each gym session and that's been for 6-7 weeks or so now. Although recently I've developed a slightly nausious feeling about 2 hours after I have one. I'm almost certain it's the shakes as I only ever get it after I've had one.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Bleedin' sodds law I've got about three half full tubs left! I might have a go at selling it in the classifieds, can't remember if that's allowed though.

What make is it ? The holland and barret stuff used to give me awful wind and stomach cramps. Switching to another supplier from your current one may help.
You can usually get sample packs from online suppliers

It's the Maximuscle Promax Diet I've been using. A work colleague has been raving about MyProtein so am contemplating switching over.

It's the Maximuscle Promax Diet I've been using. A work colleague has been raving about MyProtein so am contemplating switching over.

Would concur with switching to MyProtein, Maximuscle is one of the most overpriced brands on the market.

Try just the standard impact whey instead of the diet it might be some of the additional supplements in the diet one that is not agreeing with you.

Yes you are allowed to sell in the classifieds I've seen loads of people do it.

For the record the only side effects I've had from protein shakes are smelly farts!

Yeah, I've had some stonkers of farts of late as well!

Thanks for the info though, will pop over to the classifieds and place an ad.

i cant use holland and barrett brand - they give me cronic stomach ache and wind - however Myprotein is fine , no problem. Im not sure if its maybe the sweetners in there but i certainly notice the difference. Myprotein is a lot purer ( so i believe ) maybe that has something to do with it.

Although recently I've developed a slightly nausious feeling about 2 hours after I have one. I'm almost certain it's the shakes as I only ever get it after I've had one.

Just a thought but have you tried timing it say 2 hours before a meal so you eat just before the nausea would creep in?

An outsider's question - how balanced is your diet?
It could simply be that your diet has narrowed and you aren't getting something.

Just a thought but have you tried timing it say 2 hours before a meal so you eat just before the nausea would creep in?

Yeah, I seem to still get the slight dodgy feeling eventhough I time my eating correctly. I thought it was because I was having it on an empty stomach to start with (which I read could cause the problem) but even timing my meals right hasn't helped.

Trollslayer - It's pretty balanced. The wife and I have been on a fairly strict diet over the last few weeks.

I use Reflex Instant Whey and have done for a couple of years. Before I chose it, all the reviews said it was easy on the stomach unlike some other brands, and has always been fine for me. I know a lot of people swear by the MyProtein stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom