Protection from dog claws

sparkymark75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just moved into a new house. When the dog stands up at the window sill, her claws are scratching the paint on the window sill when she drops back down.

I've looked and can't seem to find any product that can be applied to the window sill to protect it. I would have thought there would have been a film type product you could apply to the window sill to protect it, or a PVC product.

I know the obvious answer is to train her not to do it. The problem with that is it's all about consistency. Getting the kids to do it when I'm not around is nigh on impossible.

They seem to sell them in the US (e.g. DOG PET WINDOW SILL LEDGE PROTECTOR - SILL SHIELD GUARD COVER PREVENTS SCRATCHES | eBay) but I can't find a similar product in the UK. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
You can buy 'copter tape.
Developed by 3M for use on helicopter rotor blades, it's now used to protect things like bike frames from cable rubs etc.
I use it at work and it is really tough stuff. Not a permanent adhesive, so it can be renewed when worn.

Search for 3M 8671 HS tape

You can buy 'copter tape.
Developed by 3M for use on helicopter rotor blades, it's now used to protect things like bike frames from cable rubs etc.
I use it at work and it is really tough stuff. Not a permanent adhesive, so it can be renewed when worn.

Search for 3M 8671 HS tape
Thanks, pretty expensive stuff. Still cheaper than repairing a scratched window sill I suppose!

Thanks, pretty expensive stuff. Still cheaper than repairing a scratched window sill I suppose!
Instead of using the helicopter tape, then I would imagine just clear vinyl adhesive would work just as well and should be much cheaper.

Instead of using the helicopter tape, then I would imagine just clear vinyl adhesive would work just as well and should be much cheaper.

Yeah, just wary of buying something that will wreck the window sill when I try and peel it off.

Bit of carpet and double sided tape, looks nice and will protect well :)

Also if you ever get a cat it will be a nice place for it to lay when looking out the window :)

uPVC Fascia board :smashin:
1001.png

Or even :laugh:
upload_2017-7-3_17-41-28.png

Or
Clear Perspex
upload_2017-7-3_17-53-6.png

Another idea
Link here

Does that apply to children too? :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom