Prospect Blu-ray Review & Comments

Dark Angel is great! :D
Definitely, Still “back in the day” enough that acting skills were not necessary and one liners made up 50% of the script :laugh:

Thanks Cas for the heads up, I really enjoyed this a very refreshing chunk of sci-fi. I mind Tesco used to have the exclusive on Signature Entertainment www.signature-entertainment.co.uk/film/prospect/

Not for everyone:
BgrpjK9.png

LesV5L2.jpg

There's an Italian Blu-ray coming soon here will wait and see what the extras are like.

Excellent story and cast.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
UK artwork:

Z90gPmY.jpg

TvZVON0.jpg

The US artwork is a bit amateurish (I do prefer the front cover though):

Will still pickup the US disc at some stage as I'm interested in the film's background.

Well worth a spin for a decent bit of Lo Fi Sci Fi.
Sophie Thatcher and Pedro Pascal make for a believable forced together in trust pairing as gem hunter-gatherers. It may be low on effects but it more than makes up for it with a tightly scripted character development that actually works. There is also enough tension weighted in in some fraught scenes for the characters, as anything worth a damn attracts other crews after it and the requisite religious zealots who decide to make an encampment to spread their dubious faith.
Sort of, nice to see Bubbles from The Wire in the mix.

Film good. Picture quality about as bad as it gets.

82ncLbO.png

US version has dropped to £11.50 at WowHD here

Got my copy, deserved a black case I think:

oVmJOtG.jpg

We don't need no stinkin' HDR in space! :p

ImqyXxf.jpg

Audiokommentar der Regisseure
Behind The Scenes
Szenenanalyse Clips
“Inside Prospect”-Featurettes
Entfallene Szenen
Kinotrailer
24-seitiges Booklet
English: Dolby Digital 5.1
English: DTS HD 5.1

UPC: 4042564191295

26th July 2019

I see this was on Netflix Brazil as Riqueza Tóxica last year.

quite enjoyed this, not what i was expecting. liked the lack of CGI
had a sort of Annihilation feel to it with the pace and gooey stuff
nice moody soundtrack

It was the 99cents Movie on iTunes a few weeks ago, so grabbed it and just finished watching it.

Pedro Pascal was dead on in his character I felt; as he was as Oberyn Martell in GOT

And a very excellent, believable performance by Sophie Thatcher as well

It was the 99cents Movie on iTunes a few weeks ago, so grabbed it and just finished watching it.

Pedro Pascal was dead on in his character I felt; as he was as Oberyn Martell in GOT

And a very excellent, believable performance by Sophie Thatcher as well
Shame the film just isnt very good. I reviewed it in the usual place. Not a keeper for me.

Finally picked this up:

0buXVag.jpg

£18.13 can't complain.

Had a quick look and the picture looks fantastic (although the Blu-ray wasn't too shabby anyway).

Finally caught up with this last night (via Film4 HD) and thought it was merely okay.

Both Sophie and Pedro were very good, it was beautifully lit and shot and had a tremendous soundtrack. It was also fairly convincing in creating a lawless world full of ruthless itinerants.

But it also didn't leave much impression for some reason. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't brilliant either; it just felt slap bang in the middle, a definite 3-star film.

I'm glad I saw it but I wouldn't want to watch it again as I don't think further viewings would necessarily reveal anything more.

Finally caught up with this last night (via Film4 HD) and thought it was merely okay.

Both Sophie and Pedro were very good, it was beautifully lit and shot and had a tremendous soundtrack. It was also fairly convincing in creating a lawless world full of ruthless itinerants.

But it also didn't leave much impression for some reason. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't brilliant either; it just felt slap bang in the middle, a definite 3-star film.

I'm glad I saw it but I wouldn't want to watch it again as I don't think further viewings would necessarily reveal anything more.
Yep. I really wanted to like it but just didnt.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom