1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pros / Cons of LCD?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Bluestraw, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Bluestraw

Bluestraw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sorry for the very newbie question, but I can't seem to find an answer to this (in the first few pages, or searching!)

I'm seriously tempted by a nice LCD display (e.g. the 9986)... I've currently got one of the 100Hz DRC Sony TV's, and although I'm sure the new one would look great hooked up to some hi-def gear, I'm worried that the 'normal' Sky RGB signal will look worse.

I expect someone else on here must have upgraded from a decent 100Hz (e.g. DRC or Pixel Plus 1) to LCD. What did you think?

Thank you to any kind people who will help me out here!

B

PS I'm looking at the 32" models

2. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  3. Bluestraw

Bluestraw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I read most of that(!), but I can't see anyone directly comparing the set with either a Sony DRC or Philips PixelPlus CRT. A lot of people love it, but I guess it depends on the comparision reference point!

Also, in another post I noticed that the 4:3 >- 16:9 widescreen switching is dodgy. Is this true? I always watch in 'native' aspect ratio, and there are so many Sky channels who only broadcast 4:3 that manual switching would be a pain. I know a lot of people like to stretch to fill 16:9, but I think that looks nasty!