1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pros and cons of 3

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Kilgore, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Kilgore

Kilgore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    folks, am looking at buying my son a mobile eith 3, can someone tell me the pros and cons of the 3 network. Am not up to speed on mobiles, i just use whatever the work give me.

thanks in advance

2. ji_

ji_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just gone over, and as we live outside a 3 area, all calls are via O2, the phone (LG8120) is excellent, and the charges are erally cheap (15 a month line rental for 500 call mnutes cross network and 100 texts, plus £50 cashback).

This deal was via E2save.com, others have similar deals and different phones.

So far very pleased.

3. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Do you have any trouble with dropped calls?Especially when moving from 3g to 2g area.I have read a lot of people complain of this?

Phil

4. tuttonp

tuttonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Pros - Cheap tariff GSM Calls

Cons - Dire, Mumbai based customer service centre. Patchy 3G coverage, Most of the 3G services themselves are expensive gimmicks. Almost impossible to cancel your contract when you give up on them.

Apart from that they're fine

But then I am biased.

5. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Ill give you a warning:

Dont join 3.

Nothing but problems with them for me, the phones they have are just so booorrrrrring. I was on them, but came off as I had a PAYG which was more like a contract. Bought the phone for £65, sold it for 18, you work out the loss.

6. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My 9 month old NEC616 on contract died on Saturday (the screen stopped working although call were still possible). Phoned 3 to arrange a warranty repair and was told it would be picked up between 9-6 on Monday. Mondat came and went so phoned 3 Monday nigh, they appologised but rebooked the collection for Tuesday. Tuesday came and went and I phoned 3 who rearranged the collection for today. It was picked up at 16.50.

Before the pickup was arranged I had to agree that if they decide it is not a warranty repair (even though the phone was not dropped) then they will return the phone with an estimate for repair, even though I have insurance.....its got to be the worst service imaginably.

I'm going to buy a new phone on a different contract and not with 3, if you rely on your phone for work then 3 is not a wise choice.