Proposed Korean skyscraper mimics 9/11 disaster

Last edited:
Hmm.. interesting..( The differing opinions)

I'd say it's an odd design but if it reminds people of 9/11 (which i understand) why build it? :confused:

I Think it looks quite cool and don't see where the critics are coming from really... I don't understand how the connection is made except there are two tows next to each other :confused:

Each to their own :thumbsup: I thought the building was possibly the most pig ugly concept I have seen for a long time. But as they hinted at towards the start of the report, its about being noticed. And they have done that.

Each to their own :thumbsup: I thought the building was possibly the most pig ugly concept I have seen for a long time. But as they hinted at towards the start of the report, its about being noticed. And they have done that.

Admittedly it's not the most beutiful of things but it's certainly different (Which is probably what i meant when i said cool :))

Mainly I just don't get what it is that they consider parallel between 9/11 and these buildings other than the fact there are two similar building next to each other :confused:

Admittedly it's not the most beutiful of things but it's certainly different (Which is probably what i meant when i said cool :))

Mainly I just don't get what it is that they consider parallel between 9/11 and these buildings other than the fact there are two similar building next to each other :confused:

Do you not agree that it seems to mimic the look of the trade towers crumbling?

I Think it looks quite cool and don't see where the critics are coming from really... I don't understand how the connection is made except there are two towers next to each other :confused:

The fact they are connected by a mess of brick-like compartments that look like a cloud doesn't bear any resemblance to you?

Maybe the fact that the projecting structures in the middle remind one not only of the crumbling twin towers, but of the shrapnel ejected by the planes' impacts into the towers in the first place.

They do look like the 9/11 towers to me but it's up to the Korean's what they build really. I quite like all the gardens that are set up there though on the cloud, looks pretty cool.

If they just moved the cloud up or down a bit it would solve the problem, no?

Maybe the fact that the projecting structures in the middle remind one not only of the crumbling twin towers, but of the shrapnel ejected by the planes' impacts into the towers in the first place.

When i saw the twin towers fall they appeared to fall pretty much vertically, so no not really, and as for the middle bit i suppose it may have some resembalance of the impact but i still don't get why it has to be about 9/11....

9/11 happened, it was horrible and i get that but to stop people building something because it reminds someone of that (over the other side of the world i might add) just makes no sense whatsoever IMO.

It just seems a bit like people want to complain about something

Last edited:
Looks like this to me http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2009/0/1/9-11-sifr-image-3-659711714.jpg and to me that looks like the new buildings.
Not complaining about the build but they could have chosen a different approach to a cloud.
Maybe something like thishttp://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/cloudarch-ed01.jpg

Yeah does look like that to be honest....

Does this mean that all architects should check the past for bad things having happened to make sure there design can't be mis-interprested though...

Does this mean that all architects should check the past for bad things having happened to make sure there design can't be mis-interprested though...

Surely they were doing this in purpose...

No it dont. But really If I was spending millions on somthing I dont wont to upset the neighbours or the planning permission office. I think this is a direct F OFF to whoever it upsets.

Surely they were doing this in purpose...

I'm not sure why they would do it on purpose? wasn't it dutch architects?

I didn't think the dutch particularly have a problem with america?

No it dont. But really If I was spending millions on somthing I dont wont to upset the neighbours or the planning permission office. I think this is a direct F OFF to whoever it upsets.

If thats the case then it seems like a very expensive way to say f off...

I wonder if the reaction have been different if the initial report said "Koreans pay tribute to victims of 9/11 by erecting an innovative new building for a new business district". :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why they would do it on purpose? wasn't it dutch architects?

I didn't think the dutch particularly have a problem with america?

I'm not particularly saying they are doing it out of spite, but are maybe 'cashing in' on an iconic image, and drumming up publicity by being controversial - isn't that what artists do? :)

I'm not saying I think it's wrong or dissagreeing with it - but I do certainly see why some people would be offended by it.

Well I suppose the billions spent on looking for WMD was a very very expensive way to say that.

Two similar problems lead to two similar engineering solutions.
Move on.

I wonder if the reaction have been different if the initial report said "Koreans pay tribute to victims of 9/11 by erecting an innovative new building for a new business district". :rolleyes:

Yeh Im up for that. Good thinking batman :) I wonder ?

Two similar problems lead to two similar engineering solutions.
Move on.

:confused: The complaint is the cloud/explosion like connection - not the fact that they are 'two towers'

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom