Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

'Proper' engineer needed........

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Marco, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Marco

Marco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony KV36FS70 CRT.

Recently whilst trying to adjust the geometry through the engineers menu, which I had relative success with, I have committed a cardinal sin:
    I hit reset whilst in the colour menu which has resulted in an awful colour range that I am told can only be factory adjusted.

I’m sure there must be a ‘proper’ engineer out there with the equipment to put the colour settings to blueprint.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or advise as to the next step.

This was a fantastic TV but I’ve muffed it up.

HELP!

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    IF you didn't make note of the settings before hand you're probably stuck..... however most Sony TV's have a default setting alongside each adjustment which if they havn't been reset to these then this would be a good starting point.

Also there are a set of 2 digit default codes that can be entered that relate to one thing or another at the TT prompt... however I'm sure they won't be exactly the same for each model of Sony TV... so unless you know them it may actually end up making things worse.

3. CTT

CTT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How did you access the engineers menu as I have the same TV and it also has geometry problems.