1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prontoedit starting to frustrate me

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by philthyanimal, Jan 20, 2004.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no matter what i do, when i create a new ccf, i cannot see it unless the remote is in learn, or label mode.
    I'm really starting to get p****d off with it now.
    Help before i throw it out of the window

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Buttons are not visible until they have an IR code or function attached to them. At least that is what think is the case but I haven't pleyed around with mne in ages

Gordon

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The Prontoedit utility is probably the least intuitive piece of software ever sold with a product,and certainly caused me trouble at first.

Have you had a look on www.remotecentral.com there's lots of useful advice there,as well as updates and often some useful ccf's that other folk have uploaded.

4. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the speedy replies. I have started to get to grips with it now(i think)so a nod to you gordon:smashin:

And i've also downloaded some ccf's to edit and play with. So fingers crossed...

5. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    There is an alternative to ProntoEdit called Tonto (www.giantlaser.com/tonto). It is a much nicer piece of software - I highly recommend it.

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Lifted from Remote Central.

Buttons will not show in the emulator or on the Pronto without a valid action (which can be an IR code, a jump command, a delay or an alias). Entire panels will not show without at least one active button. This is due to the "template" feature in the Pronto that allows users to customize their remotes without a computer, and hide buttons and panels they do not wish to see.
    You must first add something to each button before you can see what the panels look like. If you just want to preview the CCF this can be easily done by adding a 0.1 second delay as your action. Later, if you learn your IR codes using the Pronto, it will overwrite the delay action with the new code. Remember, even if your panels appear blank in regular "USE" mode, you will still be able to see everything in the "LABEL" or "LEARN" modes.

HTH