pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by hitz, Jun 6, 2002.

1. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buying a pronto 2mb version.
    Will it control my sony dvd player, sony 940 , 32KVFQ75 tv, sony digibox.

What im wondering about is - can it be setup up so that instead of pressing 101, 102, 103 etc to watch bbc1, bbc2, ITV etc - can i program it - so that i just have the channel logo and once pressed - it goes straight to the channel i want.

also - having channel logos - will the 2mb model be enough.
    Ideally i would like to program most sky channels so that they switch over at one press - instead of pressing 1 followed by 0 followed by 3.

Has anyone already done this.

what its repsonse in terms of speed - when navigating to other screens etc.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can hang macros behind a single icon, eg the sky one logo would have a macro which dialled 1 then pause, 0, pause, then 6

thats how I've got mine setup. I've also got an A-Z list of my films on DVD, behind 200 of the film titles it knows that they're held in my CS850 authochanger the rest are on the cases in a cupbaord.

once I select a film, it will tuen on the amp, turn on the projector, descend the screen, dim the lights, select the correct input on the amp, turn on the correct dvd player and either ejcet the tray for me to play it on or dial the correct disc no. in the carousel.

Mine is a 2Mb you'll have no trouble with memory.

look at www.remotecentral.com everybody and his mother have uploaded thier config files. Simply hack out the devices you require and build your own config file.

I would say a PC to run the pronto edit software is essential otherwise you'll have to learn the ir codes from your original remote.

damm fine peice of kit :D

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Go for it...Ive had mine for about 2 months now..great fun..easy to use..I've got my TV, Digibox, VCR, DVD, CD, MD, Amp all programmed in, all the SKY logos programmed and theres still 77% memory free..!!

got mine from:lets automate.com ..order before 2pm and its delivered next day FOC via UPS. :D

Its about the cheapest place about at the moment (£150), and they have plenty in stock, also the docking station is available for approx £35 should you require that also..

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +796
    go to www.remotecentral.com and download prontoedit.

this gives you the software and an emulator.

you can then download all the files in ccf format and try it on the emulator, there are loads of different files for sky , your sony atc. that people have desiged already.

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, have you guys seen the ProntoNeo by any chance? I'm looking for a new remote and the budget is around £200. The pronto has had favourable feedback and reviews and the Neo model is the latest one out. Just wondering if its almost idential to its older brother since I like the look of the Neo. Also would 1MB be enough?

Thanks in advance