1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto Xmas gift help.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by JaseyJay, Dec 27, 2002.

1. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway, got a 940 Pronto for Xmas, downloaded Prontedit, updated the firmware and downloaded some CCf's from Remote Central.

The Plasma, DVD and Sky are all setup , although the look and feel will no doubt change.

The problem is the amp the Pronto does not seem to want to learn the AMP commands. The amp remote is itself a pre-programmed and learning remote. I assume these are not RC5 commands but am not sure?

Any help appreciated.

JJ

2. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    er sorted out - I have to have the amp remote almost touching the pronto and it works. : rolleyes:

I do however find the downloading a bit flaky, I sometimes get "error unable to download" on an updated config. I then reset the Pronto and it works.??::mad:

I must also stess I have not read the instructions and just ploughed on in there, so I am sure I missing something.

:D JJ

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,968
    I have found that if, after every upload from Pronto, you save file as a new named config (ie JaseyJayV1, JaseyJayV2 etc) you will not get this problem.

Gordon

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing to remember is that PE is nortoriously bad for learning. Better off adding the buttons via PE, download the CCF, & then use the pronto itself to 'learn'. Afterwards, just upload back to PE, & save the CCF.

5. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gordon will do.

Arthur S - Found that as well, wasn't sure if it was normal.

Thanks for the tips guys. Now for macro's!