Pronto TSU9400 - Hidden pages - RFX9600

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MSW, Feb 10, 2009.

1. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    I recently chucked away (by mistake) my XCF. Hence I am re-building.

I am having awful trouble trying to connect to my WIFI network and RFX9600.

I have not yet downloaded my new XCF to me pronto, prefering to have the extender connected. I can't see the extender in the discovery tool and, suspect I am not entering the correct SSD.

I seam to remember that the Pronto remote has hidden pages which enable you to view the connection details. I just can't remember how to access them.

Can anyone help

Mark

2. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Be careful of relying on the extender discovery tool - it's pretty poor. When I used it, I found I had to do things in a certain sequence (and I can't remember what the sequence is) for it to show my extender. Took me an entire evening - only to find my extender had been working anyway.

What do the lights on the RFX9600 show? Is the green light solid? I wouldn't expect your loss of XCF file to affect your extender operation.

As for hidden pages - there is a settings page. On the 9600 it's an icon at the top (with tools on it) - hold it down for a few seconds and it will show you the settings page - and go into Info tab and it shows some of the network details.

I'd be surprised if your problem is SSID - more likely the encryption key?

3. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    I agree re encryption key, I can't remember if it WEP64 or WEP128.

Am using PEP2 (but to be hones PEP 1 seams a damm sight easier to me)

Finding it difficult no longer having links

Hence, I am struggling with P-Scripts (Not the actual writing of them - I only do basic ones anyway) i.e

PEP

I have a activity page which is hidden, on here I have a series of buttons which I give a pronto script name.

On a hard button I would simply put in a script which would link to the button on the hidden page.

Might be me not having spent enough time with PEP2 but, that does'nt seam to be the way to tag scripts

Anyone agree / disagree

Mark

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Extenders can be a bugger to find Xover cable and static IP are the fastest ways to do it IMO.

PEP 2 requires a different mind set it has more functionality than PEP one and once you get your head round its alot better PEP1 was based on the old prontos programming style which used hidden pages hidden pages arent used in PEP2 jumps and links are done differently

Your router will hold all the info for encryption log into it and check

5. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Are you able to log into your router? That should show you.

I've not used PEP2 - for exactly the reason you mention. However, I don't think it stops linking via prontoscript which is what I think you're trying to do.

So yes - I think you can give your hidden button a prontoscript tag (remember, it's the tag not the label). And then "link" to that button by using prontoscript and calling executeActions() for the hidden button. I'd be surprised if that doesn't work.

6. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Nope, I basically sold a Laptop and wiped it before I noticed that I had not copied my XCF or the address of my router. I no longer have the routers original install disc hence, can't access the page on my new laptop

Clever eh

Mark

7. Dave964

Dave964

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Routers usually have a standard address and I'm not sure how much they vary. For example - 192.168.0.1

If that one doesn't work, search for your make of router online. All those routers will have the same address, so it should be easy to find.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Yes you can if your laptop is connected you can recover the gateway IP from running "IPconfig" in the command window