1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pronto tsu7000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Semiskimmed1976, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Semiskimmed1976

Semiskimmed1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I was wondering whether my American version of the remote can be changed to accept European RF signals? I'm moving into a new home and would like to take advantage of the remote...if failing changing the signals, what could I do to change the kit to accept American RF signals? (sorry might be a stupid question, but newbie).

Thanks,
    Semi

2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A couple of threads that give the answers you seek . . .

One

Two

3. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TSU7000 and the 980 are "fixed" to their respective markets and the RF cannot be changed. Hence the "extenders" are only work with their matching remotes. I don't know what frequency they work on but I think it unlikely that the low RF power will upset/interfere with anybody/thing. If it were me, I would buy the American RF extender from somewhere like eBay. It would, of course, be illegal to use it in the UK but I can't really see it causing a problem.