Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

pronto tsu7000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Semiskimmed1976, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Semiskimmed1976

Semiskimmed1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I was wondering whether my American version of the remote can be changed to accept European RF signals? I'm moving into a new home and would like to take advantage of the remote...if failing changing the signals, what could I do to change the kit to accept American RF signals? (sorry might be a stupid question, but newbie).

Thanks,
    Semi

2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A couple of threads that give the answers you seek . . .

One

Two

3. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TSU7000 and the 980 are "fixed" to their respective markets and the RF cannot be changed. Hence the "extenders" are only work with their matching remotes. I don't know what frequency they work on but I think it unlikely that the low RF power will upset/interfere with anybody/thing. If it were me, I would buy the American RF extender from somewhere like eBay. It would, of course, be illegal to use it in the UK but I can't really see it causing a problem.