1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto tips for sluggish button performance?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by mattross, Feb 14, 2005.

1. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a Pronto 950. I have taught it how to control my Pioneer 420 DVD recorder but most of the buttons I have 'learnt' are quite sluggish in use. I have to hold the button down on the Pronto for longer than I normally would, or else it doesn't register.

Is there anything I can do to improve performance of these buttons?

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    Buy another remote!!

Seriously though - I use the pronto TSU3000 and while responses are not superfast, I found it seems to be dependant on how "clean" the learned codes are. See if you can find a ccf/pcf file with commands in there for your components, and see if that helps.

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    This is very true, I recently purchased a RU980 and on sky+ my rewind button sometimes needed more than one press to get to work so I re-learned it and now its fine :)

4. spinak

spinak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    take the pronto to the audio store and copy the codes from there. :smashin:

5. FatBoyii

FatBoyii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a firmware update from Philips that improves the speed. Check your OS version.

6. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I already have the latest firmware.

It must have been interference from my PC. Took the Pronto into the room with the least electrical gear and programmed all the buttons again from the Pronto directly. Much better now :)

7. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    A good tip is to look at the actual code bytes for each learned code using ProntoEdit - double click the button, click "Learned" and press the "View IR" button.

If you compare all codes for a product, they should all be the same length (number of bytes) and look similar in terms of the digits you see - the pattern of numbers should differ, but the numbers themselves should be about the same.

In general, if a code is much longer than the rest, it has learned badly and you should relearn it. You can manually hack the bytes in ProntoEdit, but it's a fairly complex operation - relearning is usually easier!