1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronto & Seleco

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Arthur.S, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of a buying a Pronto for Christmas. But one thing putting me off is the on/off of my Seleco 310 projector. This seems to work on a kind of rotating code. None of my other learning remotes (for instance, the remote that came with my Yammy DSP-A1) have been able to cope with this. It'd be a real pain to spend that much dosh on a remote, & then not be able to include my projector in a macro.
    Anyone with a Pronto been able to get around this?

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

2. simonsez

simonsez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know anything about the Seleco, but an easy work-around would be to replace the existing outlet that the Seleco is plugged into with an X-10 or similar outlet. Essentially, leave the projector on, and turn the outlet on/off

3. Alan Westy

Alan Westy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Arthur,

I have a Seleco 450 and the Pronto works just fine with it. I did not have much luck with the CCF's on Remote Central but the company who installed the 450 had their own CCF which I incorporated into my pronto and it works fine including switching off which is the main problem as it requires the button to be held on for 2 secs. I don't know if the codes are the same for the 310, Chris Frost would be able to tell you that but if you get the pronto and want the ccf file I can email it to you.

Alan

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave, I'd thought of taking that approach, but my DVD player is hooked up to the same mains outlet, & Sony don't recommend turning it off at the power point. Apparently it can reset back to the default settings if left off like this for a while.
    Alan, Thanks for the offer, I'll take you up on that! e-mail to am.s@lineone.net
    I can now order my Pronto with confidence...I think!!
    Cheers,
    Arthur.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

[This message has been edited by Arthur.S (edited 12-12-2000).]

5. simonsez

simonsez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been seriously considering getting the Pronto....especially since I have found a source for the silver "Euro" model w/ the blue face and docking station for $389. Let me know how you like yours Arthur.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arthur,

We have a special version of the software which changes the off command to less than 1 second which will solve your problem. We recommend to switch on the projector with the required input key and then the off command as normal.

You can contact me at Owl on 01825 766123 during office hours if you need help.

Regards

Alan Roser
    Owl Video Systems

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arthur, www.letsautomate.com has X10 components which start off at £49 to £800. This should sort your problem out. But, after browsing the site, you'll probably want the whole lot as it can control everything in your house. I want X10 now!

Dan
    ------------------ www.danwright.atfreeweb.com

[This message has been edited by monkfish (edited 12-12-2000).]

8. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave, letsautomate.com have it for £226.
    Alan, Thanks for the info, I'll be in touch as soon as I get a bit more time. I still haven't had the damn AKB mod done yet either!

Cheers,

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

9. simonsez

simonsez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I do not have to pay VAT the price is £205 + £35 shipping + $20 US Customs.....the grand total after currency conversion = $374 Thats a full $15 cheaper.....and that $389 price did not include shipping. Thanks for the tip Arthur, I will save about $35....I will probably have to wait 'till after Christmas though [​IMG]

10. eibborc

eibborc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Letsbuyit.com are doing the pronto + docking station for £199.

11. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    $35 Dave? That should get you a nice bottle of 'sipping whisky' & a coupla beers too. Better than a poke in the eye anyway!!
    I'm still investigating the Pronto & X10 control, so I may not get mine before Christmas either. [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com